kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is Valentine's Day on a Friday a big box office day historically?

If Wonder Woman 2 opens on February 7, 2020, could it have a great second-weekend hold (even better than the first film's second weekend?) if V-Day (Friday, Feb. 14) and President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17) help buffer its week-2 drop? 

If it opens on Feb. 7, it would have 5 weeks for itself (until March 13, when a Pixar film and potentially Silver & Black open).

I like IJack's idea of opening WW2 on Feb 14, but if it opens on the 7th, a majestically small week-2 drop could help it get more headlines, more clicks, and more hype (like the second-week hold for the first film helped it too).

Yeah...I am more and more inclined to think that February 2020 would be a better date for WW2.

Silver and Black is 2019.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is Valentine's Day on a Friday a big box office day historically?

If Wonder Woman 2 opens on February 7, 2020, could it have a great second-weekend hold (even better than the first film's second weekend?) if V-Day (Friday, Feb. 14) and President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17) help buffer its week-2 drop? 

If it opens on Feb. 7, it would have 5 weeks for itself (until March 13, when a Pixar film and potentially Silver & Black open).

I like IJack's idea of opening WW2 on Feb 14, but if it opens on the 7th, a majestically small week-2 drop could help it get more headlines, more clicks, and more hype (like the second-week hold for the first film helped it too).

Yeah...I am more and more inclined to think that February 2020 would be a better date for WW2.

Silver and Black is February 2019 not March 2020. 

• Like 1

They should bump it up to June 2019 or November 2019.

Pushing it back to June 2020 is NOT a good idea. WW2 should be a priority for WB.

SS2 was supposed to be the 3rd 2019 DC film but because of the delay in the production probably will get a 2020 release date so another DC movie will take the spot.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Pushing it back to June 2020 is NOT a good idea. WW2 should be a priority for WB.

SS2 was supposed to be the 3rd 2019 DC film but because of the delay in the production probably will get a 2020 release date so another DC movie will take the spot.

Whenever spot where isn't crowded with big releases like WW2, it will make bank.

Would people rather have WB release 3 films a year and rush them out just to have more films out, or actually take their time and get the films right? I know as fans we want more sooner, but sometimes that doesn't work out. And who knows what will come out in 2019, Shazam is a given, but WB also has smaller DC projects planned that could take less time, Nightwing, Batgirl, GCS, Joker vs Harley. Heck maybe even Batman might be ready for its 80th anniversary. I'm sure Reeves has already started working on it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steele131 said:

Would people rather have WB release 3 films a year and rush them out just to have more films out, or actually take their time and get the films right? I know as fans we want more sooner, but sometimes that doesn't work out. And who knows what will come out in 2019, Shazam is a given, but WB also has smaller DC projects planned that could take less time, Nightwing, Batgirl, GCS, Joker vs Harley. Heck maybe even Batman might be ready for its 80th anniversary. I'm sure Reeves has already started working on it. 

The problem with the internet is we all expect so much information, like we're some how owed it now. For all we know WB could have lots of other(DC) movies way further along in development, But because the DC slate isn't hanging on a wall and dated like other companies it bothers people and then assumptions happen. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 9:44 PM, Steele131 said:

Their marketing has been great. It's been much more strategic based after Suicide Squad. Instead of just overloading us with marketing.  

Heres a great article explaing it better. http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-suicide-squad-changed-dc-plan/

Justice League can't even muster half the buzz Suicide Squad had and Wonder Woman barely opened above 100m despite great reviews

This new approach has been terrible

4 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Justice League can't even muster half the buzz Suicide Squad had and Wonder Woman barely opened above 100m despite great reviews

Kong had shit marketing until the final week and was looking $35M-$40M and did $61M OW.

14 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

They will not be able to get it finished by June 19.

There is very little likelihood that SW will be ready for Dec 19, they are starting from scratch.

Just hold firm with the date, there is no need to change it, they probably will not need to change it.

2 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Ya, I'm sure the people who just opened up "It" to 123m are really concerned when people like you say there marketing approach is terrible lol. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

They will not be able to get it finished by June 19.

There is very little likelihood that SW will be ready for Dec 19, they are starting from scratch.

Just hold firm with the date, there is no need to change it, they probably will not need to change it.

I have no idea what makes you say that. Star Wars was supposed to come out in May 2019, now they changed it to December 2019, meaning they have far more time now. Shooting wasn't about to start for another five months, and there is nothing to suggest that they are starting from scratch. The general story is set, and there is no problem writing a script when you have plenty of months until you start shooting. Even if principal photography would be delayed by some months, they still would have more than enough time to finish the movie. This director-switch happened way in advance, it's not going to cause enough problems for the movie not to be ready by December 2019.

TFA started shooting mid May 2014 and was released in December 2015, Rogue One started shooting in August 2015, had extensive reshoots, and still made it for a December 2016 release. TLJ started shooting in February 2016 and according to Johnson has been more or less finished for quite some time, months before the December release. Episode IX will have zero issues getting finished in time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I disagree with the JL part, it isn't on par with what SS was, but it's definitely not "half". And WB has shown they know how to market and open their films. 

16 hours ago, Steele131 said:

if Patty wants him then I want him. And interesting note in the article Her and Johns have been working on the script for several months. 

Yeah, not that happy with his portfolio but I'd imagine that it's true that it was her choice so I'm okay with this as well.