kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

13 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Hard to keep track. It was scheduled for 2015/2016/2017/ and others too. Lost count.

I'm fairly certain it has been scheduled for every year since 2014 at some point. Maybe not 2018, that's the only year between 2014-2021 I don't remember it ever being scheduled for. Think it was pushed from 17 to 19. 

Edited by MovieMan89

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm fairly certain it has been scheduled for every year since 2014 at some point. Maybe not 2018, that's the only year between 2014-2021 I don't remember it ever being scheduled for. Think it was pushed from 17 to 19. 

No, it was definitely scheduled for 2018 at one point. Aquaman moved to December 2018 shortly after Avatar 2 moved out of that spot. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Can't wait to see Subway Punk & Panic Shopper

The actors are probably adding themselves - need to update that cv

If those character descriptions are accurate, it sounds like this could have political intrigue and globetrotting antics.

It may be along the lines of a James Bond/Indiana Jones hybrid.

Just now, AndyK said:

If those character descriptions are accurate, it sounds like this could have political intrigue and globetrotting antics.

It may be along the lines of a James Bond/Indiana Jones hybrid.

It was rumored for a while that this movie would have some Cold War themes in it, which would be a bold move, seeing as how that could potentially hurt the film’s chances of getting released in China. 

They need to move this up to the last weekend of April/1st weekend of May. Make this the big summer kick off tent pole. The 1st week of June release date sucks. 

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

They need to move this up to the last weekend of April/1st weekend of May. Make this the big summer kick off tent pole. The 1st week of June release date sucks. 

I know right, the post Memorial Day weekend/first week of June bought us flops like:

Finding Nemo

Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban

Kung Fu Panda

Up

Snow White and The Huntsman

San Andreas

Maleficent

Wonder Woman

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2019 at 9:38 PM, WittyUsername said:

It was rumored for a while that this movie would have some Cold War themes in it, which would be a bold move, seeing as how that could potentially hurt the film’s chances of getting released in China. 

Hopefully Hollywood stop pandering to such a backwards country like China soon. 

Yeh it makes the worldwide total look better. But maybe not worth the 25% they get. 

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I know right, the post Memorial Day weekend/first week of June bought us flops like:

Finding Nemo 16 years ago 

Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban 15 years ago

Kung Fu Panda

Up

Snow White and The Huntsman

San Andreas

Maleficent

Wonder Woman

*WW1984 should be MUCH bigger than the bold.

Solidify her as a mega character by giving her the premier summer opening day. Also, I think it is VERY important that she beat Black Widow to the punch.

Do NOT open this movie just 5 weeks after Black Widow, would be a bug mistake. 

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

*WW1984 should be MUCH bigger than the bold.

Solidify her as a mega character by giving her the premier summer opening day. Also, I think it is VERY important that she beat Black Widow to the punch.

Do NOT open this movie just 5 weeks after Black Widow, would be a bug mistake. 

I don’t expect more than Homecoming numbers at best for Widow besides it’s not like Shazam where it was packed between two big CBMs. 

Did BVS first over CACW help?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Shazam failed* (I use the term only in comparison to other DCEU films as Shazam was quite profitable) against its predecessors not only due to competition but the incompetence of WB’s marketing especially for family skewing films (it’s proven because unlike other studios if I recall correctly they don’t have a marketing head for that audience) as well as a combo of too dark for kids/too light for adults.

4 hours ago, excel1 said:

You want them to have another game of chicken with Marvel? Because that worked so well when they did it with BvS...

Let us not make this BW vs Wondy 2. Take that to Fanboy thread.

Also release date does not matter for this movie. There is no endgame to suck all hype out and this with proper marketing will open to at least 150m.  1st Wondy movies had good trailer as well. Let us see how Cheetah is. We should get something with comic con this year.

• Like 1

Batman V Superman had a bigger preview and opening day than CIVIL WAR; that the movie was terrible hurt it more.

Call it chicken or whatever you want, Wonder Woman needs to open before Black Widow. Move up the late April date and you'll see Black Widow flinch, there is no doubt, while Wonder Woman will make utter bank.

44 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Batman V Superman had a bigger preview and opening day than CIVIL WAR; that the movie was terrible hurt it more.

Call it chicken or whatever you want, Wonder Woman needs to open before Black Widow. Move up the late April date and you'll see Black Widow flinch, there is no doubt, while Wonder Woman will make utter bank.

BvS also had Good Friday, something that really helps boost the number.

Disney probably wouldn’t flinch though and even if they did they’d put in right in that post Memorial Day spot putting WW1984 in a very bad position for legs with Fast 9 crippling OS and Black Widow hurting DOM and Artemis Fowl, even though it’ll be the Disney sacrifice  would move to early May which put Scoob in a bad spot.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord