kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Slightly edited your post.

Movies, at least in modern times, have always undergone reshoots/pickups.  It's only recently that some folks have started to freak out at the practice.

People really don't seem to realize what reshoots and pickups actually mean. Either to add a new scene make things flow better or take a new angle on an existing scene. It's something that only becomes clear when you see the finished product first. 

Wonder Woman had reshoots including parts of the No Man's Land sequence because they felt a different take might work better or to tighten things up. 

James Wan even had to clarify what pickups are when Aquaman went for them. Overall though, I think freaking out about reshoots/pickups has reduced a lot apart from when people just want to troll.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Doesn’t Christopher Nolan not do reshoots for his movies? Of course, he would be the exception in that case. 

That's only because - as great Internet minds have explained - Nolan is a cold, soulless, calculating machine. All efficiency...

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

That's only because - as great Internet minds have explained - Nolan is a cold, soulless, calculating machine. All efficiency...

Not the TENET thread.

Just now, TMP said:

Not the TENET thread.

Meh... His involvement with MoS keeps him tangentially related to the DCEU. Nolan pitched Goyer's story to WB, who hired Snyder, who cast Gal for BvS, and here we are. No getting away from Nolan.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

12 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Doesn’t Christopher Nolan not do reshoots for his movies? Of course, he would be the exception in that case. 

That’s just his style.  He also allegedly never do second takes while filming which explains why he works with mostly established actors who have shared history with him. That’s also why some of the character work in his movies comes off as cold. Dunkirk was probably his freshest cast in a decades and what was the weakest part of that movie? The characters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

People always bring up that but no one ever seems to bring up Thomas Wayne’s death, which was just as poorly acted. 

This is just so much more egregious, coming as it did in the third act, and being acted by an Academy Award winning actress. I think everyone is like "did you not have ANY OTHER take?"

Thomas' death is hardly well-acted, but nowhere as bad.

5 hours ago, Manny G said:

That’s just his style.  He also allegedly never do second takes while filming which explains why he works with mostly established actors who have shared history with him.

That's not true. The Following was Nolan's only movie with just first or second takes and that was only because there wasn't enough time and money for more takes.

Edited by Daenys

On 6/15/2019 at 5:02 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Reshoots happen for like every superhero movie nowadays. It’d be weird if it didn’t happen honestly.

Really? I guess I'm still living in 2005 when they were a rarity and spelled trouble lol.

• ...wtf 1

On 6/16/2019 at 11:02 PM, Manny G said:

That’s also why some of the character work in his movies comes off as cold. Dunkirk was probably his freshest cast in a decades and what was the weakest part of that movie? The characters.

Good thing, then, that characterisation had very little to do with that film's success. 

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

Hmmmm, seems genuine, safe..no spoilers.

https://youtu.be/i35_yKX10mo

Hmmm! I hope this guy is right. I really do, but I am dubious as he ranked Man of Steel and especially BvS over WW. He thinks Man of Steel is the best movie in the DCEU? I enjoyed WW, Aquaman and Justice League much more than Man of Steel, even though Henry Cavill is quite the eye candy. 😜😜😍😍

6 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Hmmm! I hope this guy is right. I really do, but I am dubious as he ranked Man of Steel and especially BvS over WW. He thinks Man of Steel is the best movie in the DCEU? I enjoyed WW, Aquaman and Justice League much more than Man of Steel, even though Henry Cavill is quite the eye candy. 😜😜😍😍

Check his channel. He is another one of those releasethesnydercut zombies. Of course he likes the Snyder movies over everything.

• Like 1

I loved MOS as much as I loved WW so I can respect someone’s opinion on that. Im really excited after hearing what he said in the video, it’s pretty much in line with what a few others have said in this thread already about the movie. Hopefully it all works out well for this movie and it can do just as well as the first.