kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, ChipMunky said:

Lord they're going to sneak the teaser trailer on to all the Star Wars prints, aren't they?

Brilliant.

They can release a trailer in hopes of having it shown with TROS, but on to putting a trailer "on" to all the SW prints, only Disney can do that and they damn well are going reserve the last trailer before the film opens for a Disney release.

We see Wonder Woman battling enemies inside the White House while wearing her new armor.

Shades of the fight inside the White House in Superman 2...….

I wonder if the casting notes for this movie included "Someone who looks like Ronald Reagan for a brief role".

Edited by dudalb

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

They can release a trailer in hopes of having it shown with TROS, but on to putting a trailer "on" to all the SW prints, only Disney can do that and they damn well are going reserve the last trailer before the film opens for a Disney release.

What does that even mean?

They don't do "prints" any more and the studio don't get to choose what ads are shown by a theatre chain.

10 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

That trailer description is super fake.

That wasn't a trailer description, it's a description of footage shown at a recent conference.

36 minutes ago, AndyK said:

They don't do "prints" any more and the studio don't get to choose what ads are shown by a theatre chain.

That wasn't a trailer description, it's a description of footage shown at a recent conference.

...which is either fake or the writer has a bad memory, because it doesn't match the movie.

57 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I believe the studio can set two trailers that must be shown with their own features (or to give the theater a choice between a few). The other trailers shown are up to the theater. 

The studio trailers might be included in the movie hard drive, which is essentially like including it on the print.

On 11/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Gavin Feng said:

Warner Bros is smart because they know they should avoid the extraordinary Dark Fate according to some fanboys.

I do believe that there is an big audience overlap between this and Frozen 2.I think Elsa and Diana are the biggest icons for young girls around the world right now so maybe that wouldn't benefit WW's late legs.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I do believe that there is an big audience overlap between this and Frozen 2.I think Elsa and Diana are the biggest icons for young girls around the world right now so maybe that wouldn't benefit WW's late legs.

Agreed.

Wonder Woman 1984 will smash next summer. IMO it could be the movie of 2020. No (I assume) big Marvel film, no Star Wars and DC is on a fantastic run overseas with Aquaman and Joker. Add to that the fact that Wonder Woman outside of the US was a name but not much more before the 2017 movie which already had a really solid gross OS and I can see a big jump.

Some may talk about luke warm reactions and Imdb ratings, which is fair, but I see it "free" to watch on German Netflix, think about how few options girls&women still have among blockbusters and I get that feeling.

I call it now for fun: 1,3 billion worldwide, 600 million US.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, AndyK said:

^ Is that official merch?

Why is it not gold?

it’s a shirt being sold at the Brazil comic con next week (ccxp official merch). We’ll be getting a trailer next Sunday I believe so I guess we’ll see then.