kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

I hope the media doesn't start plotting about this delay. 

I know it's DC and they've been right on trashing them (nearly) each time, but it's fucking WW. Let's hope for the best, by the time it's released maybe DC is in good shape if Aquaman, Shazam and Joker are good.

• Like 1

I'm fine with the move, but it seems like DC films fail to meet their originally intended date more often than not. WB will never have a MCU of their own if they don't manage to produce films faster than that. Now we'll have another year with only one DCEU film. Just pay Zack Snyder to be your Kevin Feige.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm fine with the move, but it seems like DC films fail to meet their originally intended date more often than not. WB will never have a MCU of their own if they don't manage to produce films faster than that. Now we'll have another year with only one DCEU film. Just pay Zack Snyder to be your Kevin Feige.

Shazam, Joker and Birds of Prey are releasing within 10 months of each other. Shazam is just 4 months after Aquaman, Wonder Woman 1984 is just 4 months after BoP. Chill.

This seems more like an Aquaman October to December move to make use of a more lucrative frame. Especially with GotG3 being delayed, Summer 2020 looks kind of lean. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I assume the delay is due to that WB having no big summer tentpole for 2020 and delaying it means it's a guaranteed summer hit. Happened with Half Blood Prince which got moved back 8 months despite being completed.

I wonder what WB will put in its place, I'm guessing Superintelligence or perhaps The Kitchen which has a September slot but moving it to November could be lucrative.

Gal's going to have a big 2020 with this, Red Notice and Death on the Nile.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yep this is probably a combination of The Flash being delayed and Marvel getting rid of their July 2020 release date. Sucks we have to wait more but it's not a bad decision at all. Also probably means The Batman will not be ready by 2020. 

I'm surprised WW1984 didn't go for July unless WB plans to have another tentpole there. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yep this is probably a combination of The Flash being delayed and Marvel getting rid of their July 2020 release date. Sucks we have to wait more but it's not a bad decision at all. Also probably means The Batman will not be ready by 2020. 

If they want to release a third film in 2020 I wouldn't be surprised if they go full female lineup  with Supergirl or Batgirl being the third movie.

New Gods seems way down the line

Green Lantern Corps the same

The Flash - 2021

The Batman - 2021 as well

SS2 just started redeveloping so 2021 or later

No news about Nightwing lately so I don't think so

Everyone is freaking out and I say good on them for making the move. Did people conveniently forget that the 1st weekend of June was where Wonder Woman opened to slightly above 100M and legged it to over 400M DOM? Everything in front of this is gonna get bulldozed for sure.

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Yyyyyeah, let's hope that doesn't happen.

19 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Alright Disney, now put Aladdin there, or bring back jungle cruise :lol:

If Disney isn't stupid, this may have been the biggest blessing that Aladdin could've had. A move to November would have given it some much needed room to breathe, even if the family market is still crowded in November and December 2019. At least it doesn't come less than two months before The Lion King and pretty much two months after Dumbo. But instead, nope, they're gonna harp on that Memorial Day bombage, compete with themselves (Avengers' 5th weekend could spare having to deal with a big family opener, especially one from Disney themselves) and allow their huge blockbuster remake of one of the most popular and beloved animated movies of all time get totally overshadowed by everything else.

To be fair, though, I don't care about a remake of an essentially perfect movie; but still, it would pain a little bit to see something sold on Aladdin's name bomb.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

If they want to release a third film in 2020 I wouldn't be surprised if they go full female lineup  with Supergirl or Batgirl being the third movie.

New Gods seems way down the line

Green Lantern Corps the same

The Flash - 2021

The Batman - 2021 as well

SS2 just started redeveloping so 2021 or later

No news about Nightwing lately so I don't think so

They could in theory get SS2 out by October 2020 but my hunch is that they'll stick with two DC films a year for the foreseeable future. 

I wonder if Black Hawk will be 2020 or 2021? They're really waiting for Spielberg to direct West Side Story first before he moves onto it.

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If Disney isn't stupid, this may have been the biggest blessing that Aladdin could've had. A move to November would have given it some much needed room to breathe, even if the family market is still crowded in November and December 2019. At least it doesn't come less than two months before The Lion King and pretty much two months after Dumbo. But instead, nope, they're gonna harp on that Memorial Day bombage, compete with themselves (Avengers' 5th weekend could spare having to deal with a big family opener, especially one from Disney themselves) and allow their huge blockbuster remake of one of the most popular and beloved animated movies of all time get totally overshadowed by everything else.

I wonder if WB will quickly slot something in WW1984's place? 

Ok here's some possibilities I was thinking about for re-shaping the 2019 schedule:

- I woulda said put TS4 there, but honestly it's too close to Frozen, and the release date it has isn't too bad. 

- Chaos Walking is bound to get delayed... here's an open (prime) date. Although that movie isn't big enough to stand its ground on the day and stop an even bigger movie from being placed there.

- The Aladdin thing... I get that Disney wouldn't want to compete with Frozen 2. But SLOP 2 is currently 2 weeks away from it, and TS4 is 4 weeks (same distance away Frozen 2 would be). If they did that though, Fox/Disney/Whoever could move Dark Phoenix to Memorial Day, giving it room between it and New Mutants (and yes, I'm assuming New Mutants will still release until I hear otherwise).