kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

34 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if WB will quickly slot something in WW1984's place? 

I imagine they would've done it by now if they planned a replacement for that weekend. I doubt they move Joker from its safe space in early October, especially after Venom's success. And the weekend is pretty overstuffed in its current state anyway (Sonic The Hedgehog + Kingsman 3 + Roland Emmerich's war movie), so it's best for them not to move something there. I actually sorta regret backing an Aladdin move for there, given how jammed up that frame is.

Wow, that's a crazy long delay.

I was in Washington DC back in June when they had streets blocked off to film Wonder Woman, so I can't imagine they'd have too much left to film for this movie at this point in time. Certainly seems like it could have been done and ready by that November date. November date is a good one too, with tons of box office hits being released at that time. Seems an odd one to abandon. Unless WB was looking at Justice League and got scared off of that date because of one bad result. 

5 hours ago, Slambros said:

I'm going to list a few recent films from Warner Bros, and I'll let the list speak for itself.

Blade Runner 2049

Crazy Rich Asians

Dunkirk

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Game Night

It

Kong: Skull Island

Paddington 2

Ready Player One

A Star is Born

Wonder Woman

(All of which were released in less than two years.)

So they've been shortchanging fans of DC comics film as of late. That's only one thing. And the thing is, they have many other films outside of DC that were able to succeed largely because of the creative decisions Warner Bros. chose to allow. The wait for DC films may be aggravating, but it doesn't mean that Warner Bros. is a bad distributor. In fact, their desire to let filmmakers hone in their craft just might mean the opposite.

While Warner Bros they could better with DC and WAG, they are a good studio and they have made mistakes but what studio hasn't? 

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Out of all those films, the only ones I’ll give you are the last two, and even then, I seriously doubt they’ll do as well as their predecessors. 

Anyway, I’m guessing the person here who said that WB is the worst studio is either joking, or isn’t aware of Sony. 

Sony's actually having a decent year, Fox outside of Deadpool 2 and TGS, the latter which was released last year is not doing as well. 

Hands up, who predicted this?  I would have bet Aquamomoa would have moved before this...  but I'm also not surprised that they want to reclaim their prime June date.  I always felt pushing it out in 2&1/2 years was a bit much.  I'm usually an advocate for 3 years between sequels, just feels right.

This doesn't smell or sound like cynicism, unlike many date changes.  I'm pretty sure that Jenkins will make every attempt to deliver something equally noteworthy in the sequel. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

So uhm, why is Batman v Superman randomly trending on Twitter right now?

I think its being shown on terrestrial TV in Brazil.

Gal is getting a lot of love.

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

So how many months of post production does this delay give WW84?

Enough for a full term pregnancy  :hahaha:

That's the other rumour :jeb!:

SONY wasted no time filling the slot

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/charlies-angels-reboot-vacated-wonder-woman-1984-slot-1202989221/

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1