kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Nancy Meyers was also in the late 90s thru the 2000s mainly. 5M was probably a lot by directorial standards since the main money went to securing big name actors and actresses for her movies.

Not sure those production made between 2003 and 2009 was during arguably the most profitable era in Hollywood history and had more money for producing movies (well those type of movie at least).

Apparently Brook got 10m for the directing fee of How do You know (a movie that went above 110m in production cost that how much money studio had and were spending during that time)

Brooks is a legend and all that, but not that different from Meyer commercial success track record in directed movie (well yes, but not pass the 80s)

Writing fee should above 1m, producing cannot be 500k cannot imagine Meyer being paid 3.5m for directing in her peak or there was really something going on in pay gap behind the camera.

On 9/9/2017 at 3:43 PM, Cochofles said:

Warner Bros. is certainly amazing when it comes to promoting and creating hype for the right property. It  is killing it, and even though they only share the WB connection, this historic OW for the horror film gives me a really good feeling about the OW potential for Wonder Woman 2.

It has tons of audience goodwill in its side already...if the buzz builds and WB does their impeccable PR magic, December 13, 2019 will be...amazing for the amazing amazon. Wonderful even! 

We'll see. Their marketing for WW and now Justice League doesn't give me much hope

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

We'll see. Their marketing for WW and now Justice League doesn't give me much hope

Their marketing has been great. It's been much more strategic based after Suicide Squad. Instead of just overloading us with marketing.  

Heres a great article explaing it better. http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-suicide-squad-changed-dc-plan/

Edited by Steele131
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Their marketing has been great. It's been much more strategic based after Suicide Squad. Instead of just overloading us with marketing. 

Agreed. I felt that WB overplayed their hands when it came to promoting their DC movies in the last few years, dating back to The Dark Knight Rises. I love the new approach to their marketing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steele131 said:

I'm thinking November 1st, WB does already have a "Untitled DC film" set for that date. Plus they still can get holiday legs. 

I think it dependent on whether they get Bond because they'll not want to have two big tentpoles in the same month 

1 minute ago, Steele131 said:

Id rather it face a 70-80M opener than a 200M opener. But the most likely option is probably June 2020 so it can win the summer again

That was my thinking before they came out with the December 2019 date. They'd have a better chance at beating the original's BO numbers by going to June instead of December. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Id rather it face a 70-80M opener than a 200M opener. But the most likely option is probably June 2020 so it can win the summer again

If WB gets Bond they won't have another tentpole in the same month 

31 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

That was my thinking before they came out with the December 2019 date. They'd have a better chance at beating the original's BO numbers by going to June instead of December. 

June would be good but July would be even better

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Wonder Woman would have an easier time in June thanks to the date WB set aside. The only movie that could give it trouble is whatever Fox/Marvel movie (likely X-Force) keeps its date and that would still be 3 weeks after WW2 came out. As far as July goes, there's nothing stopping Marvel from putting another film in July 2020. 

Just now, MrGamer2558 said:

Wonder Woman would have an easier time in June thanks to the date WB set aside. The only movie that could give it trouble is whatever Fox/Marvel movie (likely X-Force) keeps its date and that would still be 3 weeks after WW2 came out. As far as July goes, there's nothing stopping Marvel from putting another film in July 2020. 

Disney have Indiana Jones 5 in July, the second Marvel film is in August 2020. I imagine the July DC film will be replaced by another WB film, maybe Nolan's next film

Edited by Jonwo

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

In July, WW2 would fight Homecoming 2 and The Lion King. August would be better and if WB does get Bond, they can schedule it as the pre Thanksgiving weekend movie.

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

So does this move mean that Han Solo might also have a chance at moving out of May 2018 into December 2018 which will mean Aquaman might also have to move?

Nope. Solo is staying.

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Disney have Indiana Jones 5 in July, the second Marvel film is in August 2020. I imagine the July DC film will be replaced by another WB film, maybe Nolan's next film

WB does have that June spot too but February could be good too especially when Deadpool and likely Panther dominated.