kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if FB3 is delayed until 2021 so they can make changes. I think The Batman probably will be Summer 2021 but October or November 2020 could work 

Wouldn't they push for Flash if they delay FB3? The reason Flash isn't happening in 2020 is because Ezra has to shoot FB. Of course they could have BoP, WW84 and Batman in 2020 and Flash could be the first DC film in 2021.

19 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if FB3 is delayed until 2021 so they can make changes. I think The Batman probably will be Summer 2021 but October or November 2020 could work 

Batman is definitely summer 2020 unless something happens between now and June, when filming begins according to scoopers/insiders. 

28 minutes ago, Bane Cook said:

I’m thinking 2021.

Me too. Summer 2020 belongs to this movie, WONDER WOMAN 1984. Give THE BATMAN the third weekend in July 2021, the slot that worked so well for THE DARK KNIGHT and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. There's nothing there right now.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

This delay still feels so strange to me. There's currently no big movie scheduled to release between Joker & Frozen 2, and that spot certainly seems more lucrative than what's going to be another crowded June

June 2020 doesn't look crowded to me at all.

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Me too. Summer 2020 belongs to this movie, WONDER WOMAN 1984. Give THE BATMAN the third weekend in July 2021, the slot that worked so well for THE DARK KNIGHT and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. There's nothing there right now.

Why wait a whole year? They have plans for 2021, not limited to The Flash, Batgirl, and Supergirl. 

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

This delay still feels so strange to me. There's currently no big movie scheduled to release between Joker & Frozen 2, and that spot certainly seems more lucrative than what's going to be another crowded June

Maybe they want to give Patty more time to work on post production? Although the film would have been 11 months away of it had stayed on the previous release date. The film is basically getting a year and 7 months of post production now. That's insane. BvS got a crazy amount of post production as well.

10 minutes ago, VTKajin said:

Why wait a whole year? They have plans for 2021, not limited to The Flash, Batgirl, and Supergirl. 

You think it's wise for the Wonder Woman sequel and the new Batman movie to share a summer? 

Not to mention, I want some serious time taken on the new Batman movie. We haven't heard anything about it and it's going to be 2019 in a matter of days. Feels a bit soon to already have a completed Batman film for summer 2020.

1 minute ago, Heat Vision said:

Maybe they want to give Patty more time to work on post production? Although the film would have been 11 months away of it had stayed on the previous release date. The film is basically getting a year and 7 months of post production now. That's insane. BvS got a crazy amount of post production as well.

They started shooting this film in June 2018. It's gonna be out in June 2020. No way will it not be ready for the originally planned November date, which is an even better date now since Sonic/Terminator/Charlie's Angels all sound like non-starters & Bond's not out until February

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

You think it's wise for the Wonder Woman sequel and the new Batman movie to share a summer? 

Not to mention, I want some serious time taken on the new Batman movie. We haven't heard anything about it and it's going to be 2019 in a matter of days. Feels a bit soon to already have a completed Batman film for summer 2020.

Just because we haven't "heard" anything about it (even though we actually have, Reeves said back in August that his first draft of the script would be turned in during September, which it was, and that filming would start around May or June, which it most likely will) doesn't mean things aren't moving along.

And it's not any more unwise to have WW in June and Batman in say, August, than it is to have BP in February and IW in April or CM in March and Endgame in April. 

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

They started shooting this film in June 2018. It's gonna be out in June 2020. No way will it not be ready for the originally planned November date, which is an even better date now since Sonic/Terminator/Charlie's Angels all sound like non-starters & Bond's not out until February

It will be finished by November. It was just delayed to retake the June release date WW had because Joker is in October and The Flash couldn't make June 2020,

Edited by VTKajin

Joker really isn't a good enough reason to delay Wonder Woman 84 in my opinion. Warner Bros won't be starving for blockbusters in 2019 though. They have Shazam, IT Chapter 2, King of Monsters, Detective Pikachu, etc.

Edited by Heat Vision
  • Like 1

The bigger issue is that November 2018 is now starved for live-action blockbusters, and I doubt October hold-overs would still be going. I suppose Sony could delay Spider-Man there, since then they could market it without spoiling Endgame?

8 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Joker really isn't a good enough reason to delay Wonder Woman 84 in my opinion. Warner Bros won't be starving for blockbusters in 2019 though. They have Shazam, IT Chapter 2, King of Monsters, Detective Pikachu, etc.

It was more that they had nothing that could fill Flash's release slot and they'd rather have 3+ movies in 2020 than 2.

23 minutes ago, TMP said:

The bigger issue is that November 2018 is now starved for live-action blockbusters, and I doubt October hold-overs would still be going. I suppose Sony could delay Spider-Man there, since then they could market it without spoiling Endgame?

I would like that very much.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

That would be an ideal and smart scenario but Sony probably would want Spider-Man in mid summer like always.