kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

30 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

it is

It would worry me if they already had an early cut and were about to go into reshoots. That might be a bad sign about the film. But since it barely finished shooting I don’t think it’s that type of situation that it was with Justice League and Suicide Squad. It might just be simply that it’s new(or original) date is better. That and releasing 2 DC movies as close together as WW84 and Joker were doesn’t make much sense to me.

Edited by Bane Cook
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TMP said:

This delay still feels so strange to me. There's currently no big movie scheduled to release between Joker & Frozen 2, and that spot certainly seems more lucrative than what's going to be another crowded June

There’s a Sonic the Hedgehog movie and the James Cameron Terminator film being released in that time frame. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

There’s a Sonic the Hedgehog movie and the James Cameron Terminator film being released in that time frame. 

One's another installment in a franchise that just bombed and the other's not gonna do more than $130m domestic

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Nothing we've seen from it so far seems to be directly addressing anything to do with China and I doubt general Cold War themes would be enough. Wonder Woman did decently there and now Aquaman is solidifying the DC brand. Not to mention that by 2020 the political and economical relationship between the two could be quite different. Don't see how this will be impacted - I definitely think it's WAAAAY too early to consider any such issues.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Kong vs Godzilla? Batman starts filming in summer 2019, so that could easily be out in the summer.

What's odd is that Kong vs. Godzilla are two weeks before Wonder Woman 84. Why would WB put two potential billion dollar grossers together?

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

There's films that involved the Cold War that released in China.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

2020 could be a good year for DC. BoP, WW84 and possibly Batman. Batman should release in October in my opinion. 

It's funny you say that. Batman feels like an October movie. It's dark, it's gloomy, which is Batman's world. We know that slot works because of VENOM. We'll see how it works for the Joker movie next October.

There's already a Fox Marvel and Sony Marvel movie slated for October 2, 2020 though.

BATMAN is box office king of heroes. Anything other than an isolated mid July or mid December release date is a shame.

WB no doubt will release BATMAN late 2020 and set up BATMAN v JP Joker in summer 2022 to reclaim all Avengers records.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

They should put Batman in December.

1.It worked great fro Aquaman

2.If BP can get award recognition,it is only reasonable to release a Matt Reeves Noir Batman film there.Right?Or maybe is some other reason BP gets all the attention.

Avatar films have a bunch of prime December slots booked up in the early 2020's. Star Wars is going on hiatus after EPISODE IX but those will be back soon and you can bet Disney will stick them in those slots when an Avatar film isn't booked.

Mid July would work great too, as @excel1 noted.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Avatar films have a bunch of prime December slots booked up in the early 2020's. Star Wars is going on hiatus after EPISODE IX but those will be back soon and you can bet Disney will stick them in those slots when an Avatar film isn't booked.

Mid July would work great too, as @excel1 noted.

BATS vs JOKER will destroy AVATARD