kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, Krissykins said:

Just watched the first film again and it was outstanding all over again. 

Steve is the best love interest in any superhero film, for me. It really is so well done and their final moment together is so emotional. 

Could not be more excited for the next story. 

I rewatched it too a couple of days ago after seeing Aquaman. It's so good. No Man's Land is of course superb, but the third act (which is brilliant) had me blubbering like a baby. Very emotional. 

And Gal's still utterly gorgeous.

Edited by Fielding
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Wasn't he a producer on the first also? Thankfully, he had nothing to do with the tone of the film. 

I'm pretty sure he had a lot to with the tone of the film as he established the story arc in WW1. 

From what I've seen of the set leaks, this movie is going to be a lot lighter, which is not necessarily a good thing.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lol. I think at this stage it’s clear his name is only attached because he cast Gal. His name was on Aquaman too, he cast Jason. 

...The money on the screen comes partially from his production company.

Likely how he got so much clout because he's a director with an army.

This movie is a big question mark for me. The original was so good and so well received that I fear impossibly high expectations from audiences, critics, and just the industry in general. I fear that no matter how well it is made, people will be inevitably disappointed by it. I want it to do well, critically and financially, but the first film did so well already, and those kinds of successes are hard to equal, let alone top.  Overall, at this point I am most curious about Cheetah's feline look. I hope that they don't skimp on the F/X to make her look realistic and menacing (as opposed to laughable and fake). I am also nervous about the new scriptwriter (the guy who did The Expendables, isn't he?)...why would they not use Allen Heinberg again? He is a solid writer (and he gets comics).

25 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

This movie is a big question mark for me. The original was so good and so well received that I fear impossibly high expectations from audiences, critics, and just the industry in general. I fear that no matter how well it is made, people will be inevitably disappointed by it. I want it to do well, critically and financially, but the first film did so well already, and those kinds of successes are hard to equal, let alone top.  Overall, at this point I am most curious about Cheetah's feline look. I hope that they don't skimp on the F/X to make her look realistic and menacing (as opposed to laughable and fake). I am also nervous about the new scriptwriter (the guy who did The Expendables, isn't he?)...why would they not use Allen Heinberg again? He is a solid writer (and he gets comics).

Looks like he write only a few fight scenes, the writer are Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns

Edited by Wonder89

1 hour ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

No need to worry. Patty Jenkins won't let us down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

Interesting theory, this will fit good also for Cheetah's storyline

Seems ok to me....and I'm also ok with Trevor being killed off in WW1 because I don't see what else they could have done to enable him to appear in subsequent movies without aging.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, JB33 said:

It's funny you say that. Batman feels like an October movie. It's dark, it's gloomy, which is Batman's world. We know that slot works because of VENOM. We'll see how it works for the Joker movie next October.

There's already a Fox Marvel and Sony Marvel movie slated for October 2, 2020 though.

Does anyone wanna tell JB33 or should I?

• Haha 2

On 12/22/2018 at 10:11 PM, WittyUsername said:

I guess since we’re on the topic of what movies Marvel will release in 2020, is it a given at this point that the other Marvel film of that year (the first being the Black Widow movie) will be a film about the Eternals? 

Yeah it has a director(a asian woman I think?)