kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

There you go.

One week after Wonder Woman 2 , @iJackSparrow.

If WB is smart, they will move the Gadot/Jenkins sequel away from the SW juggernaut ---unless they want Diana's film to have a monster second weekend drop and wobbly legs... :(

They are moving. Just like I couldn't possibly believe that both TA and SW would be released in May, 2019, OR 2018, for that matter. This is going to be proven a best scenario for Wonder Woman, remember that the June release date wasn't the original date for Wonder Woman either.

As for February legs, Deadpool's were gargantuan. We can't lose perspective on what is a great box office run because of what Wonder Woman done, and I don't think you are taking into account that DP was rated R and didn't have neither IMAX or 3D to increase its numbers. 

My long range forecast is quite different than most here when it comes to Wonder Woman 2. I think WW2 will have a very healthy growth like Vol. 2 to Vol. 1. The legs are bound to get shorter either way, but what I can see right now for WW2 if it gets the holiday weekend like DP:

$180m+ four days for a finish around $450-480m, $1B WW or more if exchange rates get better.

• Like 3

Regardless, WB/DC has some decisions to make.  They've staked out these dates but only Wonder Woman 'officially' had a date and now it's musical chairs on what is going where.  The thought seemed to be having 3 films in 2019 and if we're possibly in the whole 'move it  back to 2020' routine, they're never going to get to the point of releasing the films they seem to want to put out.   It's ridiculous though that we have barren months (after having been proven time and time again that if the film looks good, people will show up) that studios keep avoiding, while bunching everything up next to each other so they have to move back to another busy time.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Regardless, WB/DC has some decisions to make.  They've staked out these dates but only Wonder Woman 'officially' had a date and now it's musical chairs on what is going where.  The thought seemed to be having 3 films in 2019 and if we're possibly in the whole 'move it  back to 2020' routine, they're never going to get to the point of releasing the films they seem to want to put out.   It's ridiculous though that we have barren months (after having been proven time and time again that if the film looks good, people will show up) that studios keep avoiding, while bunching everything up next to each other so they have to move back to another busy time.

American Sniper, The Revenant, Gravity, Deadpool, Lego Movie, IT etc have shown that films can make money wherever they are released. So yah I don't get why Studios pile up May, June and July so much. And back onto DC/WW. I'm sure WB will be fine releasing their DC films. As long as they are marketed well and are good audiences will show up. 4 of their films have made over 100M OW and 300M domestic with a likely 5th.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

American Sniper, The Revenant, Gravity, Deadpool, Lego Movie, IT etc have shown that films can make money wherever they are released. So yah I don't get why Studios pile up May, June and July so much. And back onto DC/WW. I'm sure WB will be fine releasing their DC films. As long as they are marketed well and are good audiences will show up. 4 of their films have made over 100M OW and 300M domestic with a likely 5th.

They'll be fine when they release them ... they just have to get to the point where ... you know, they're actually producing them and not just placing logos and titles on a screen at comic con telling us what they want to do.  I mean, WB is actually trying to sell us that Green Lantern Corp is somewhere even remotely close to being a reality, but they according to the 'trades', still can't seem to figure out who Batman is going to be after this year. 

Hopefully things run smooth with Wonder Woman 2.

Edited by AdamKendall

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine they'll have two, Shazam in April 2019 and Suicide Squad 2 in August or October 2019.

The fact they may try to not release something in June 2019 (and the fact that was initially supposed to be Justice League 2) is actually pathetic. 

Seriously, as a fan of DC, this whole release schedule process has annoyed me something fierce, just feels like no long term momentum ever comes (and waiting 13 months after JL for Aquaman isn't going to help things)

Edited by AdamKendall

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine they'll have two, Shazam in April 2019 and Suicide Squad 2 in August or October 2019.

Dude from Variety said they won't shoot Squad till late 2018. Unless it's a total rush job I don't see how it makes either of those dates

6 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

The fact they may try to not release something in June 2019 (and the fact that was initially supposed to be Justice League 2) is actually pathetic. 

Seriously, as a fan of DC, this whole release schedule process has annoyed me something fierce, just feels like no long term momentum ever comes (and waiting 13 months after JL for Aquaman isn't going to help things)

Things like this do happen that projects fall through or get delayed, It's not that big a deal and MCU had a year between Avengers and IM3 so a gap of that size isn't a huge issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Things like this do happen that projects fall through or get delayed, It's not that big a deal and MCU had a year between Avengers and IM3 so a gap of that size isn't a huge issue. 

In fact, the MCU had a near two year gap between TIH and IM2.

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Dude from Variety said they won't shoot Squad till late 2018. Unless it's a total rush job I don't see how it makes either of those dates

They could shoot SS2 around Will Smith's schedule and also many films like X-Men First Class, Mission Impossible and many Bond films have shot films with much tighter deadlines so August or October is achievable from a September or October start.

Is Valentine's Day on a Friday a big box office day historically?

If Wonder Woman 2 opens on February 7, 2020, could it have a great second-weekend hold (even better than the first film's second weekend?) if V-Day (Friday, Feb. 14) and President's Day (Monday, Feb. 17) help buffer its week-2 drop? 

If it opens on Feb. 7, it would have 5 weeks for itself (until March 13, when a Pixar film and potentially Silver & Black open).

I like IJack's idea of opening WW2 on Feb 14, but if it opens on the 7th, a majestically small week-2 drop could help it get more headlines, more clicks, and more hype (like the second-week hold for the first film helped it too).

Yeah...I am more and more inclined to think that February 2020 would be a better date for WW2.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1