Jump to content
kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN 1984 | June 5 2020 | Patty Jenkins signs deal to direct | Gal Gadot returns as Wonder Woman. Kristen Wiig is Cheetah. Pedro Pascal joins

Recommended Posts

Poster blew up. Trended WW for hours and reached the top 10 on r/movies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the buzz this far out just for that poster, I'm starting to wonder if this could jump even higher than 500 DOM with the right marketing and quality? #1 of the year should certainly be its to lose. 

  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this will more domestic heavy like the first one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

D8Vo1vCVUAAejVI.jpg:large

Edited by AnDr3s
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

this will more domestic heavy like the first one?

I personally think the overseas numbers have a better chance of increasing. Just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think with the huge OS success of CM that this would stand a better chance OS this time. But who knows. Could pull GotG2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MovieMan89 said:

You would think with the huge OS success of CM that this would stand a better chance OS this time. But who knows. Could pull GotG2

I don’t think CM matters to much to this movie breaking out more overseas. It seems like at this time audiences just take it movie by movie, especially when it isn’t marvel. Aquaman did massive numbers overseas while Shazam did very mediocre business. 

 

I just think it has a pretty good shot it increasing overseas cause the first one only did 409m, I think it could have a shot at 500m or more depending on reactions to the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope expectations stay modest. Part of the really special part of the first movie’s run was that it kept exceeding expectations. I think some here may be underestimating how much the character is loved. She is a symbol of femininity and female empowerment/strength. But hey, I could be wrong. We shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Based on the buzz this far out just for that poster, I'm starting to wonder if this could jump even higher than 500 DOM with the right marketing and quality? #1 of the year should certainly be its to lose. 

I agree. Made a club, my first ever. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I hope expectations stay modest. Part of the really special part of the first movie’s run was that it kept exceeding expectations. I think some here may be underestimating how much the character is loved. She is a symbol of femininity and female empowerment/strength. But hey, I could be wrong. We shall see. 

I’m only hoping it does a bit more overseas, I’m content with whatever it does as long as the movie is good. I don’t know if increasing domestically is a reality but I do expect a larger opening weekend domestically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna be somewhat conservative but hope for global growth. First movie was amazing and gal gadot deserves all those millions.

 

Gimme 1+ let's say 1.1B WW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

low end

110 OW

370 Dom

750 WW

Mid end

145 OW

435 Dom

900 WW

High end

180 OW

525-600 dom

1200-1300 WW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cax16 said:

I don’t think CM matters to much to this movie breaking out more overseas. It seems like at this time audiences just take it movie by movie, especially when it isn’t marvel. Aquaman did massive numbers overseas while Shazam did very mediocre business. 

 

If this movie is an 80s-fest, and is full of 80's nostalgia, that may have a slightly harder time translating overseas. Though recently I think both Captain Marvel and Bumblebee managed to set their movies in the 80s and 90s versions of the United States just fine, without making it seem too alien or unfamiliar to an overseas general audience. We'll just have to wait and see what the tone of the movie is. The fact that the year is actually in the title of the movie might mean that it'll be a bit more era-specific than those other two, but obviously the movie is nowhere near complete yet, so they'll still have to figure out what works best in the editing bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

low end

110 OW

370 Dom

750 WW

 

I don't see how WW1984 can possibly hit 110 OW unless the buzz becomes universally bad between now and next June.  And even then I think my rock-bottom floor might be around 130m OW.  And that's with a lot of bad buzz.

 

The first movie did a 4 bleeping x in the year of our Shawn, 2017.  And not a 4x off a small OW either.

 

There's going to be an element of fan-rush to this, even if the buzz inexplicably turns bad between now and then.  

 

Curious to see how you get 110m OW as a low end scenario.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I don't see how WW1984 can possibly hit 110 OW unless the buzz becomes universally bad between now and next June.  And even then I think my rock-bottom floor might be around 130m OW.  And that's with a lot of bad buzz.

 

The first movie did a 4 bleeping x in the year of our Shawn, 2017.  And not a 4x off a small OW either.

 

There's going to be an element of fan-rush to this, even if the buzz inexplicably turns bad between now and then.  

 

Curious to see how you get 110m OW as a low end scenario.

Maybe his low-end, worst case scenario is if there's some huge economic downturn or a recession during that time period? Otherwise I agree; can't see it opening that low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Maybe his low-end, worst case scenario is if there's some huge economic downturn or a recession during that time period? Otherwise I agree; can't see it opening that low.

Except, as I look at it again, he had 110/370.  That's pretty good legs.

 

Which is just... odd to me.  Sorry, @AnDr3s. :)  I just can't see a possibility where WW1984 opens so low AND has that good of a run.  Well, I can't see it opening so low in the first place, but that's a side issue. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That's pretty good legs.

Shortest economic downturn in history!

  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people who didn't see the first movie in cinemas have since seen it on TV and loved it.

 

I think the first trailer could go massive and I wouldn't be surprised to see $1bn mark broken through.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AndyK said:

people who didn't see the first movie in cinemas have since seen it on TV and loved it.

This is very true.

 

My family once caught it on tv and they're not even into superhero movies but very much the movie. Its mostly has to do with Gal Gadot in it i think..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.