baumer

Wonder Woman 11.7M Monday ERC pg 3

6 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

She has always been Front and Center.

Notice she was in the Middle in the big fight in BVS and in its Marketing as well.

Also there's that shot With her and Aquaman and Cyborg,There's no doubt in my mind that will be a Key scene to focus on the Three.

Not too mention If the Story is Her and Bruce Starting The JL then that Makes Her the Main Co-Star.

If WB does push her More I see no problem in it as She is part of The universe and A new Dawn of the Face of The JL could be Upon us.

1st Batman was The key now they don't have to be so dependent on him.

Isnt This what Everyone wanted anyway?

Wait..

Are you saying that Wonder Woman is to Justice League as Iron Man is to Avengers???

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, just saw WW, and am now certain this is gonna be a family hit that's gonna play this summer.

Biggest reason?  I have heard from moms all over that they just want a movie where if a girl's the strong lead, the boys aren't treated like idiots, fools, or weaklings and vice versa.  And this movie delivers like I haven't seen for a family movie in a few years - both Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor get to be heroes, and what could be better!

Right! This is a key point and one of the main reasons the film succeeds - the filmmakers didn't see the need to emasculate Steve in order to glorify Diana.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, just saw WW, and am now certain this is gonna be a family hit that's gonna play this summer.

Biggest reason?  I have heard from moms all over that they just want a movie where if a girl's the strong lead, the boys aren't treated like idiots, fools, or weaklings and vice versa.  And this movie delivers like I haven't seen for a family movie in a few years - both Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor get to be heroes, and what could be better!

The other reason this will be huge?  My kids gave it grades of A+, A, A, and B+...and the A+ came from my 8 year old boy.  He watched that movie like it was Star Wars...it had everything for him and he ate it all up.  But it didn't stoop to kid level - it just let them comprehend it and kept the shocking/gory scenes very low...like Star Wars:)...

So, what'd the grown ups give it?  A- and A- (with bonus points for the girl/guy dual hero roles, so I'd give it an A if friends asked me what I thought, but if I'm being honest, it's an A-:)...beats Lego Batman's same grade to be my new #1 movie for the year:).

Gonna love to watch the ride of this movie...I feel it, more than I have with the other 15 supers movies I've seen in theaters the last few years:)...this was the 1st I took my kids to (save Lego Batman)...I won't be the last parent to do that:)...

I'm real happy you enjoyed it after all you've been talking about it lately! Let's hope you are right about the whole family angle, this movie deserves it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fielding said:

Right! This is a key point and one of the main reasons the film succeeds - the filmmakers didn't see the need to emasculate Steve in order to glorify Diana.

I also hope that Hollywood finally can drop the trope of the hero being joined by a completely useless person (male or female) that are only there to be rescue by the hero again and again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maitch said:

I also hope that Hollywood finally can drop the trope of the hero being joined by a completely useless person (male or female) that are only there to be rescue by the hero again and again.

Where will they get cheap tension from?

2 hours ago, Maitch said:

I bet Spider Man's love interest will be a damsel in distress. 

15 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Our gods usually forsake us on weekdays unless it's a mega-opener. Kind of sucks, but of course understandable.

This is a mega opener and the gave us the goods yesterday. 

• Like 1