Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : WW: 14.4M

46 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yup spiderman fell 37.8 on its second weekend which is the best second weekend hold of any SH movie that i know of. If WW does 60m that would be a 42% drop. The closest to that is the 43.4% fall of Batman Begins. Deadline is crazy if they think WW will only fall 42%

Batman Begins level drops seem out of reach due to that movies opening, however it's similar to WW.  They're both origin stories, June releases, well-received and were following toxic previous entries to their series.

I think WW will definitely be more frontloaded for a variety of reasons, but I don't think a 3x+ multi is out of reach.

Wonder Woman outgrossed my beloved Ghostbusters in 5 days. 

Actually the only other film this summer to do the same so far was GOTG2 the first week of summer. 

Ghostbusters doesn't look that bad on reflection.:wub: 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wonder Woman outgrossed my beloved Ghostbusters in 5 days. 

Actually the only other film this summer to do the same so far was GOTG2 the first week of summer. 

Ghostbusters doesn't look that bad on reflection.:wub: 

Ghostbusters cost $144m, only $5m less than WW, it was still an expensive flop

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I disagree...what are dads gonna go to?  Mummy is gonna bomb, Pirates/Aliens did bomb and/or were not for GA, GOTG2 will be out of a lot of theaters, they ain't going to Rough Night...

Cars 3 is like the only other movie Mom would choose to take Dad and the kids to...and Dad himself may choose WW over that, especially if Cars 3 comes in with reviews like some of the ones above...

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think this will only fall 32% on its 3rd weekend. If I am not wrong no other SH movie has managed that so far and WW has given no indication thus far with its daily numbers that it is heading for such an unprecedented hold. 

I guess we will see when the 3rd weekend rolls out. 

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yup spiderman fell 37.8 on its second weekend which is the best second weekend hold of any SH movie that i know of. If WW does 60m that would be a 42% drop. The closest to that is the 43.4% fall of Batman Begins. Deadline is crazy if they think WW will only fall 42%

Eventually records gotta go down... But yeah, that's a bit too optimistic.

9 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Ghostbusters cost $144m, only $5m less than WW, it was still an expensive flop

Thanks for that top secret information. 

I was obviously talking about grosses.

Meaning that King Arthur, Alien Covenant, Baywatch, Underpants, etc will all come no where near its $128m. Even Pirates won't get much higher. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Thanks for that top secret information. 

I was obviously talking about grosses.

Meaning that King Arthur, Alien Covenant, Baywatch, Underpants, etc will all come no where near its $128m. Even Pirates won't get much higher. 

Yeah but you're comparing apples and oranges. Captain Underpants cost only 30 million, meanwhile King Arthur's a flop with Alien and Baywatch being disappointments ((Both of which cost less then Ghostbusters))

Just now, Krissykins said:

I don't think the second weekend will be much over $45m. Wednesday should be -35%, Thursday -10%. Then +60,+40,-25 over the weekend. 

I think it'll hold better Wednesday and Thursday. I still think a drop over 50% is happening but I do believe you're low balling its second weekend total....by a couple million. 

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Yeah but you're comparing apples and oranges. Captain Underpants cost only 30 million, meanwhile King Arthur's a flop with Alien and Baywatch being disappointments ((Both of which cost less then Ghostbusters))

Again I clearly said gross, twice. 

Ghostbusters domestic gross is still actually decent, cost let it down. 

Looks like it would be even higher on the summer list this year than it was last year. :lol:

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I don't think the second weekend will be much over $45m. Wednesday should be -35%, Thursday -10%. Then +60,+40,-25 over the weekend. 

Completely likely increases/decreases

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

To early for judging. If we'll take Wednesday number like 10+ only after that  way is free, let's talk about 50 mln.  

You can even wait until Sunday but I don't see a point: There is enough data available to extrapolate. It's Tuesday as a % of OD is Super strong.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Again I clearly said gross, twice. 

Ghostbusters domestic gross is still actually decent, cost let it down. 

Looks like it would be even higher on the summer list this year than it was last year. :lol:

I love how the very mention of Ghostbusters still causes some of the boys so much angst.

It's great how WW is doing. I hope it opens more doors for female directors in the future.

Edited by Harley
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, commonsense88 said:

9 mil  Thursday

16.2 Friday 80% increase similar to MOS 

24.3 Saturday generic 50% jump

17 mil 30 % fall

57.5 weekend total

not likely but possible, 60 mil is not that crazy 

Strong weekdays are likely to lead to a lower Friday bump.