Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : WW: 14.4M

59 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Strong weekdays are likely to lead to a lower Friday bump.

MOS had strong week days too, worst WOM and had father day during it's OW and still increased 79%, MOS also had more kids out of school since its 2nd weekend was later in June. Also MOS had to face MU and WWZ, WE only comp is The Mummy wish isn't doing to well

Edited by commonsense88

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

50m will happen for sure.

Not guaranteed. Sure Tuesday is strong.

Its Tuesday.

• Like 3

IMO the weekend range is 48-52. Smth like,

9 Thu

14.5 Fri (+60%)

19.5 Sat (+35%)

14.0 Sun (-28%)

= 48 2nd weekend.

9 Thu

14.9 Fri (+65%)

20.9 Sat (+40%)

15.7 Sun (-25%)

= 51.5 2nd weekend

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, commonsense88 said:

MOS had strong week days too, worst WOM and had father day during it's OW and still increased 79%, MOS also had more kids out of school since its 2nd weekend was later in June. Also MOS had to face MU and WWZ, WE only comp is The Mummy wish isn't doing to well

MOS dropped huge on Thursday due to NBA Finals Game 7 and preview shows for WWZ and Monsters. 

Next NBA game is Friday night and it could be a series finale. Might have an impact on the box office Friday increases. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2017 at 0:30 PM, department store basement said:

I feel like an ass saying this but "Youtube guys" aren't really people you should look to for reviews. You're better off reading the Entertainment section of your local newspaper.

I follow both. I know many don't like them here but like watching in depth reviews. A lot of critics from the big papers are out of touch in many cases. I do watch them with What The Flick too (Christy Lemaire, Alonso (The Wrap), etc.)

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I follow both. I know many don't like them here but like watching in depth reviews. A lot of critics from the big papers are out of touch in many cases. I do watch them with What The Flick too (Christy Lemaire, Alonso (The Wrap), etc.)

Out of touch for what exactly? All they're doing is providing their opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Out of touch for what exactly? All they're doing is providing their opinion.

I've read and listened to reviews from some of the oldest critics in the game who go in and criticize a summer movie unfairly right off the bat and the critics audience wants to see them do that. I could point to a specific BBC reviewer who did it recently with Pirates. 

What The Flick does contain a lot of RTs top critics but their reviews don't go as in depth as some of the other channels like Nostalgia Critic or RLM or Double Toasted. Not really referring to Stuckmann or Jahns or Collider. Even Richard Roeper has a channel which isn't bad.

But referring to Pirates, I'm bound to agree more with someone who went through the same marathon I did rather then some critic who hasn't watched the other movies in years.

I've followed RT since at least 2003 and don't read reviews as much anymore. I'd rather watch actual discussions AFTER watching the movie. 

Like I completely agree with Double Toasted and Doug and his brother on Beauty And The Beast

Edited by somebody85

25 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I've read and listened to reviews from some of the oldest critics in the game who go in and criticize a summer movie unfairly right off the bat and the critics audience wants to see them do that. I could point to a specific BBC reviewer who did it recently with Pirates. 

What The Flick does contain a lot of RTs top critics but their reviews don't go as in depth as some of the other channels like Nostalgia Critic or RLM or Double Toasted. Not really referring to Stuckmann or Jahns or Collider. Even Richard Roeper has a channel which isn't bad.

But referring to Pirates, I'm bound to agree more with someone who went through the same marathon I did rather then some critic who hasn't watched the other movies in years.

I've followed RT since at least 2003 and don't read reviews as much anymore. I'd rather watch actual discussions AFTER watching the movie. 

Like I completely agree with Double Toasted and Doug and his brother on Beauty And The Beast

I guess where we differ is I don't read critics to see whether they agree with me or whether I should "trust" their opinion about whether a movie is good or bad; I read critics because their opinions are interesting and/or because they write well. Whether or not I agree with them is immaterial. 

I guess because of this, I don't read all critics -- and frankly I don't read/watch most geek critics -- because the way they approach their reviews has little value to me. But a well-written review that I completely disagree with is worthwhile. 

• Like 1