AniNate

BOT Member Meetup: Toronto, ON - September 2017

I'm close on a couple of jobs in NYC - some with campaign hours, some not. If I get one of the ones that are not campaign hours then I'll absolutely take the bus over and visit. I can't think of a better excuse for my first trip outside America.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm close on a couple of jobs in NYC - some with campaign hours, some not. If I get one of the ones that are not campaign hours then I'll absolutely take the bus over and visit. I can't think of a better excuse for my first trip outside America.

Just be aware you would need a passport. Though you can get a cheaper card that will let you cross borders through roads or seaports.

• Like 1

So here is some more incentive.

RTH has confirmed that he will be at TIFF this year.  So if we time it right, he can meet up with us too.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

May be moving an hour south of Buffalo (real exciting area there :P). Would be working a ton of hours on a campaign but if I had a day off, I could maybe come up a day since I'll only be a few hours away!

From the pulsing political heart of the nation to one of the No Man's Lands in New York. :insane:

• Like 2

To be fair to Buffalo although I haven't been there since they've made their changes, apparently the downtown part and the Waterfront has gone over some major aesthetic changes. I personally don't mind Buffalo. Granted I've only been there for football and hockey games but it seems like a nice enough City to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

To be fair to Buffalo although I haven't been there since they've made their changes, apparently the downtown part and the Waterfront has gone over some major aesthetic changes. I personally don't mind Buffalo. Granted I've only been there for football and hockey games but it seems like a nice enough City to me.

Unfortunately I'd be living in a place far more boring than Buffalo... The district includes the Finger Lakes/Ithaca though, which I've heard are nice. Driving time-wise, I'd live about equidistant to Toronto, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.

• Like 1