ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

23 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Tele is a huge DC fan-old-man / MCU persecutioner. 

He would never insult WW.

plus he already said he liked it

You know what they say, "never trust anyone over 300".

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Mummified Panda said:

It also wasn't on the NBA finals, weeklies behaved much differently in 2013 due to how big Tuesday's have gotten, it had poor reception, had a different demo than WW and it had much stronger Thursday preview competition.

5-10% Thursday drop sounds reasonable.

Also, on a side note, its being received very well amoung the women demos.  I could see it pulling stronger than expected holds.

Yes, though that  22% drop though may have made the Friday jump bigger than it otherwise would have been.   Avengers jumped 69% on Friday over the same w/e period

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

When's @God Emperor Tele gonna troll us with his condescendingly low enthusiasm review of Wonder Woman?

Despite numerous and near-constant missteps, its 21st century version of grrl power manages to inject just enough emotion and energy into the whole dismal DC affair to buoy that cinematic universe up just when it was starting to sink beneath the waves of mediocrity.

How's that?

:insane: 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Despite numerous and near-constant missteps, its 21st century version of grrl power manages to inject just enough emotion and energy into the whole dismal DC affair to buoy that cinematic universe up just when it was starting to sink beneath the waves of mediocrity.

How's that?

Wait so this isn't your actual review of Wonder Woman  :redcapes:

Haven't seen WW yet, but the Comic book movies have really been excellent this year. Lego Batman was a lot of fun (though not as fresh and heartfelt as the LEGO Movie), GotG Vol. 2 is on par with the first one IMO (both are wonderful) and Logan is one of the best of the genre.

34 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

DC + War Movie = Tele in The Bag

DC + War Movie + Tom Hardy in a Mask = Tele will start stanning and Kal will have to calm him down.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

How's that?

Hmm, I need to cross reference this with your GotG2 review to see what team your playing for. :sparta:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Tele is a huge DC fan-old-man / MCU persecutioner. 

He would never insult WW.

plus he already said he liked it

You know what they say, "never trust anyone over 300".

hfLohAB.gif

... all is revealed :ph34r:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

WW > Logan > Lego Batman > GOTG2 for me.

Wonder WomanLogan > The Lego Batman Movie  for me.

Just like what happened with Vol 1, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2  didn't do anything for me.

[Ant-man remains my favorite MCU film, by the way]

4 hours ago, God Emperor Tele said:

How's that?

Translation:

I fucking loved it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Pretty sure Iron Man, Hellboy II and The Dark Knight all release in the same blockbuster season too.

7 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

2014 had Winter Soldier, Guardians Vol 1., and Days of Future Past.

That's three of the best received superhero films of all time.  Going to be hard to top that.

7 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

LEGO Bats, Logan, Guardians Vol. 2 and Wonder Woman all feel different too. Spider-man Homecoming isn't much like four that come before it either. We'll start running into more familiar territory with Thor and Justice League but they could be quality as well. While not superhero, Kingsman The Golden Circle's CBM as well, no? That one looks to deliver too.

Holy shit, that's indeed pretty hard to choose from. I love Hellboy II and I love DOFP plus I really enjoy all the others as well. Difficult. 2017 might surpass those two other years if Thor/Spider-man and/or Justice League really deliver. But it's damn close.

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

At this point my 1/2 favorite films of all time are Eternal Sunshine and Before Sunrise

:wub:

Both of them are definitely somewhere in my top 10 of all time. I just did a rewatch of the Before trilogy this week and it's unbelievable how every single time I watch them i can relate more and more. Amazing movies.

Eternal Sunshine dispenses introduction.

3 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

Haven't seen WW yet, but the Comic book movies have really been excellent this year. Lego Batman was a lot of fun (though not as fresh and heartfelt as the LEGO Movie), GotG Vol. 2 is on par with the first one IMO (both are wonderful) and Logan is one of the best of the genre.

Go. Now.

• Like 1