ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lego Batman doesn't have a good enough response on here to make the list (and it doesn't help it will have been released a year before the list), and Captain Underpants won't be seen by enough people to make it.

I could see Lego Batman making in the 25-21 range

I'd say GOTG2 is a lock to be on the list.

It was shaping up to be my favorite movie of the summer, but then Wonder Woman soared past it in quality. It is not a movie that holds up well to reflection; aside from Kurt Russell being fun it's a flatter rehash of the first one.

• Like 1

People have short attention spans because we have a billion options for entertainment.

If Raiders of the Lost Ark premiered today people would obsess over it for one month, tops.

By July people would be wondering why you were still using Indiana Jones memes.

• Like 3

Just now, ChiSoxRox said:

It was shaping up to be my favorite movie of the summer, but then Wonder Woman soared past it in quality. It is not a movie that holds up well to reflection; aside from Kurt Russell being fun it's a flatter rehash of the first one.

Civil War appeared much lower than people expected it too last year (22nd) and that's why I'm skeptical of Guardians

There's still a decent amount of movies to come. But yeah get out is a definite lock, WW and Logan are 50/50. TLJ will be in there somewhere. I wonder what will be this year's La La Land/Arrival.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

By twisting my words?

No.

I'm now covering my own grounds if WW doesn't end up on the top 10 list. Nothing to do with you anymore, even though I did misread what you said.

Edited by UNDERDOG

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Civil War appeared much lower than people expected it too last year (22nd) and that's why I'm skeptical of Guardians

Ah, that is surprising but telling precedent.

If I had to bet right now I'd say 2049 tops our list.

We have a Denise boner. We have a nostalgia boner, we have a “high-brow" sci-fi boner, we have a Ryan Gosling boner. If it lives up to expectations the hard on on this place will be insane

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

Going to disagree strongly on that point; I thought it was an alright blockbuster on the first viewing, but it improved a lot on a rewatch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If I had to bet right now I'd say 2049 tops our list.

We have a Denise boner. We have a nostalgia boner, we have a “high-brow" sci-fi boner, we have a Ryan Gosling boner. If it lives up to expectations the hard on on this place will be insane

Based on those early reactions, I doubt it makes the Top 10. Providing the consensus is at least positive, it'll probably make the list.

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

People have short attention spans because we have a billion options for entertainment.

If Raiders of the Lost Ark premiered today people would obsess over it for one month, tops.

By July people would be wondering why you were still using Indiana Jones memes.

That's all I meant lol So thanks for explaining what I wanted to explain in a much better way haha 

• Like 1

Just watched last night ..

Outside of the opening act in Themiscura (?) and the battlefield/warehouse scene, this movie was wildly mediocre. In fact those parts of the movie were so good that people are overlooking the rest of it. That 3rd act battle.. yikes. How are kids sitting through this ? 

I underestimated the power of women going out to see this movie. Am glad it's doing well though as it's good for the genre overall. 

Random guess as to what our Top 10 will be:

1. Dunkirk

2. Get Out

3. The Papers

4. mother!

5. Detroit

6. Logan

7. Suburbicon

8. The Last Jedi

9. The Disaster Artist

10. Logan Lucky

Edited by WrathOfHan