ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Going to disagree strongly on that point; I thought it was an alright blockbuster on the first viewing, but it improved a lot on a rewatch.

For me, the Flanderization of Rocket and Drax drag the movie down. In the first movie they were hilarious; here they're just assholes. Also the humor is of the type that gets old quickly so the rewatch drags at spots.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Random guess as to what our Top 10 will be:

1. Dunkirk

2. Get Out

3. The Papers

4. mother!

5. Detroit

6. Logan

7. Suburbicon

8. The Last Jedi

9. The Disaster Artist

10. Logan Lucky

Where's King Arthur and Baywatch? 

4 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

Just watched last night ..

Outside of the opening act in Themiscura (?) and the battlefield/warehouse scene, this movie was wildly mediocre. In fact those parts of the movie were so good that people are overlooking the rest of it. That 3rd act battle.. yikes. How are kids sitting through this ? 

I underestimated the power of women going out to see this movie. Am glad it's doing well though as it's good for the genre overall. 

Yikes. Amazing that you dont speak for everyone.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Random guess as to what our Top 10 will be:

1. Dunkirk

2. Get Out

3. The Papers

4. mother!

5. Detroit

6. Logan

7. Suburbicon

8. The Last Jedi

9. The Disaster Artist

10. Logan Lucky

New Paul Thomas Anderson movie with Daneil Day Lewis will make it too.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

New Paul Thomas Anderson movie with Daneil Day Lewis will make it too.

Potentially. Could end up like Silence where it ends up just outside the top ten because not enough people see it before the deadline though

Not to mention the subject matter doesn't exactly sound up our ally

Edited by Ethan Hunt

28 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lego Batman doesn't have a good enough response on here to make the list (and it doesn't help it will have been released a year before the list), and Captain Underpants won't be seen by enough people to make it.

Not to mention the overall response might not be enough to get it in regardless.

24 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

There's still a decent amount of movies to come. But yeah get out is a definite lock, WW and Logan are 50/50. TLJ will be in there somewhere. I wonder what will be this year's La La Land/Arrival.

Probably BLADE RUNNER. Maybe ANNIHILATION.

29 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Wonder Woman has the pleasure of being a part of a franchise so of course she's going to be talked about in the future.

I imagine that we are, and why I started by what you mean by forgotten, ( because saying that the movie will be forgotten and that the movie will be talked about in the future for sure seem counter-intuitive).

Of the 150 wide release or so of 2017, would not surprise me if WonderWoman end up in the 10% most remembered in the next 5-10 year's, simply because the movie will come up all the time in conversation and is character appearing in sequels and franchise entry, combined to the fact it started has a massive success.

Star Wars and Indiana Jones had the pleasure of coming out during a time when society wasn't so quick to just let things go and move onto the next big thing. There's a huge difference between the way society was then and how it is now. 

That could be true in a way (I was not there back then, but before home media were people not going more quickly to the next big thing movie wise, not being able to rewatch them or maybe that was what kept them alive longer, people needing to wait for it to get on TV one day or rerun), but nerd-franchise Internet became massive and CBM/Star wars movie are their best product, people talk about those movies a lot. (You can still catch people talking about Zod getting killed in MoS)