kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

I wonder if this will get a China release this time. Otherwise, I think $400 million OS. It's coming in-between two major superhero movies just before and after it, which will probably take away demand from all but the hardcore CBM fans. Han Solo and Jurassic World 2 will further suck away any hype for the film. I think Deadpool 2 will suffer the worst from the crowded release schedule as both initial demand and legs will be affected.

• Like 1

Of course that I'm watching the movie on opening day (thursday night), but presales here in Uruguay are pretty weak, about 45 showings while AIW had more than 100 on big cinemas. I still think it will do good business with great wom as the first one, and great marketing as well.

Edited by lor15

16 minutes ago, lor15 said:

Of course that I'm watching the movie on opening day (thursday night), but presales here in Uruguay are pretty weak, about 45 showings while AIW had more than 100 on big cinemas. I still think it will do good business with great wom as the first one, and great marketing as well.

Obviously I don't know how well it's doing there compared to other CBM but I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near IW lol That thing opened to like $650M WW. Deadpool 2 is looking at half of that if not less lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Obviously I don't know how well it's doing there compared to other CBM but I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near IW lol That thing opened to like $650M WW. Deadpool 2 is looking at half of that if not less lol

Yes, maybe. Here cbm aren't as popular as in the usa or asia. Comedy and animated movies tend to be bigger, so, even with huge and unexpected numbers for IW, Deadpool could find a place as I said before, and I hope it does 😉

Edited by lor15
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Italy

Deadpool 2: € 600K OD 

Deadpool: €504.000 OD

Solid increase. 

What do you think the OW will be? 

• Like 1