WrathOfHan

Boy Erased | November 2, 2018 | Joel Edgerton Directing, Writing, and Starring | Lucas Hedges, Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman

These criticisms sound fair. I think I'm still interested in the film despite what sound like understandable flaws. This is the film that'll probably fall out of the Best Picture conversation, but it should definitely still be an acting player for Hedges, Crowe, and Kidman.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:58 AM, Hiccup23 said:

Seems like another Call Me By Your Name.

Will get less Oscar nominations than expected and get shafted by the studio like (Call Me By Your Name and Love, Simon)

A Call Me by Your Name-esque total would be similarly fine for this movie. Doubt anyone ever expected a movie about gay conversion therapy to light the box office on fire.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:58 AM, Hiccup23 said:

Seems like another Call Me By Your Name.

Will get less Oscar nominations than expected and get shafted by the studio like (Call Me By Your Name and Love, Simon)

I doubt it will get any noms.  Kidman seems to be getting stronger reviews for Destroyer and the reviews so far don't look strong enough to take this subject matter to a wide release.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:58 PM, TalismanRing said:

I doubt it will get any noms.  Kidman seems to be getting stronger reviews for Destroyer and the reviews so far don't look strong enough to take this subject matter to a wide release.

I think it will go wide....seems to have a more broad appeal than Call Me By Your Name. 

It won't be a huge wide release but a moderate 1,000 to 1,500 theater one. 

6 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Going nation wide November 16

Seems like Focus isn't gonna keep this in the limited market forever like Call Me By Your Name

Seems like it's gonna get a sizeable expansion the weekend before too (it's opening here on the 9th).

While I'm not sure exactly how elections work within a school district, but there was recently (this year) a group from the local Christian School in my old town partitioning to be elected for some position in the public school district where they would lobby to change the sex-ed curriculum in town towards something closer to "gay conversion therapy" rather than "promoting the gay agenda that the school district is currently using to manipulate our youth".

They did not get voted in, but it was scary. 

Edited by DAJK