YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Or Norm of The North? @cax16 and I know the horror of that movie.

Thankfully I've only seen norm of the north once, I've seen nine lives about 5 times and I still can't believe they got Kevin spacey to do that pos. It was awful also.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why didn't Batman benefit from that and from being in the Lego Movie? 

Batman did benefit. What are you talking about?

It made a billion dollars and it was the biggest success ever.

5jRpb.gif

Not listening NANANANANANANANANA suck it Superman NANANANANANANANANANANAA

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why didn't Batman benefit from that and from being in the Lego Movie? 

We overestimated the shit out of it is why just like KFP2/Dragon 2 and will do the same with Ralph 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

We overestimated the shit out of it is why just like KFP2/Dragon 2 and will do the same with Ralph 2.

We've been overestimating practically every animated movie, even ones that go on to do really well, like Moana and Sing.

Edited by elcaballero
  • Like 4

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think Ninjago could do decently, not as high LBM but it'll more than Storks and maybe crack $100m. 

MPC do great work as do Framestore, the latter did VFX for Guardians 2 and did Paddington who I think looked great. I do have a soft spot for ILM and WETA who have pioneered milestones in CGI. 

Forgot about Paddington, yup Framestore is up there in the top 4,5 in terms of quality and Rocket, Paddington, Tarzans monkeys show how much they are working on animals for Jungle Book.

But the VFX game has changed so much it s crazy, an ILM movie used to be an event now but not anymre, most movies have 4 to 10 VFX houses to be completed.

Also, even small houses can do ILM-WETA level work because they all use the same softwares basically.

The guys who did the amazing 70's CGI New York, Atomic Fiction are a small team.

Besson for Valerian chose Weta and ILM so that s a cool and rare combination, Avatar and the first Avengers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

We've been overestimating practically every animated movie, even ones that go on to do really well, like Moana and Sing.

Oh god, Moana. I fucked up with that.

I mean, Disney animated film + Musical + Dwayne "The Motherfuckin Rock" Johnson? Perfect recipe of a billion dollar hit, I thought.

• Like 1

Just now, elcaballero said:

I remember some underestimating certain films. Sing was one of them, I remember my first club victory was Sing over Moana domestic. Most said Moana would curbstop it. It is the shitty animated movies we underpredict. We overpredict when reviews are good.

• Like 3

Just now, YourMother said:

I remember some underestimating certain films. Sing was one of them, I remember my first club victory was Sing over Moana domestic. Most said Moana would curbstop it. It is the shitty animated movies we underpredict. We overpredict when reviews are good.

I feel like you're rewriting history here. Most of the predictions I saw had them pretty close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

aabattery

I mean, I can't recall what everyone's predictions were, but if we just go by YourMothers club, it was a pretty much a 50/50 split between in and out. From that, it's a stretch to say most thought Moana would curb-stomp.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/22461-singing-loud-and-proud-sing-moana-domestic-victory/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I mean, I can't recall what everyone's predictions were, but if we just go by YourMothers club, it was a pretty much a 50/50 split between in and out. From that, it's a stretch to say most thought Moana would curb-stomp.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/22461-singing-loud-and-proud-sing-moana-domestic-victory/

After Moana opened some had misgivings. I was wrong about the curb stomp comments but I remember some predictions saying that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Avatar1496445581850.jpg.99a3f27d3c337df8

i dont have anything intelligent to add to this conversation but I just felt like using your avatar against you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Ninjago will make less than Emojimovie. It will be my first club

And just like that I'm doing WW over JL club.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
12 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Wonder Woman. Her power. She can even bring the Creator back to us. 

(I promise I've been good, Shawn. Please ignore the giant banned list.)

:sparta: 

Honestly, I'm relieved. I felt like a total asshole by making it so long to begin with. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

OMG, Wonder Woman's run was so good, it even made Shawn return to BOT. Welcome back!

Thanks! SHE HAS THE POWER.

12 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

I've officially peaked. :lol:

Nah. ;)

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Question is will Shawn return for Rangarok or League (or will he surprise us for The Star).

Fifty Shades Freed, yo!

11 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Posting a LOTR-related GIF as penance? Good choice. :) 

That is not LOTR, sir! :(

9 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Shawn irl:

tumblr_nvfxyidMrC1r745vdo1_540.gif

......Shawn.

A Monty Python reference absolutely, 100% hits my heart.

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

So this is the guy that started it all? It's no coincidence I get out of work just in time to see your post.[/quote]

It's true. Every war this forum has bred, and every friendship it has broken, is completely and utterly my fault. I'm a monster, and I need help.

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Thanks for everything my friend :) 

Oh... Well, you're welcome?

Honestly, it's all of you that make this place fun and special. I'm just glad there's a community like this around for everyone like it has been for me for a very long time. I'm old.

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Hi, everyone. :)

This Wonder Woman run is so much fun to follow. Has anyone done a comparison of superhero films' Friday-to-Friday drops? I didn't get a chance to be as thorough as I would have liked when I was looking back at comps but I imagine it can't be more than a handful of titles (at most) with better holds. What a run this is turning into so far!

@Shawn, would like your post, but in your absence, the mods have instated a cruel like limit. Please return to your rightful place as king and right this horrible wrong

• Like 2