filmlover

Wonder Wheel | Woody Allen | Kate Winslet | December 1 | Amazon to distribute

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, The Futurist said:

Actors should ask Woddy Allen the premium salaries they get when they do big studio films.

-_-<_<

It's no secret in the industry that actors in Woody's films are paid scale - it's one of the ways he keeps his costs down. Anyone who objects is free to turn him down, of course, and many have for that very reason. But many, many more have accepted his pay rate because they simply want to work with a legend.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So maybe a few tech nominations and that's it. I don't think Winslet is breaking into this crowded field.

Maybe a lone Cinematography nom. Waiting until actual reviews come in before removing Winslet from my predictions.

honestly though i haven't watched an allen since the stories came back in a big way around the time of blue jasmine. i vaguely knew of it before but that was when i really discovered the details and i just can't do it. i guess it helps that he hasn't made anything decent since but even some of my old favourites like purple rose of cairo i haven't been able to go back to.