YM!

Honey! Where is my supersuit? Incredibles 2 as Highest Grossing Movie of Summer 2018 Domestic

5 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

I dont think anyone expects Solo to be in the top 3 highest grossing of the summer, let alone assuming it will be #1. 

Why not? (unless you're counting Infinity War)

Sure JW and Incredibles have 1 and 2 but Solo has a good shot of beating the other contenders like Ant-Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2 and Mission Impossible: Fallout 

Lol people are overrhyping Incredibles here. The first movie wasn’t good and outside of random Twitter fans no one really asked for a sequel. The general audience doesn’t really care - hence why the first movie is one of Pixar’s lowest grossing ones.   I see this doing 200-300 million domestically TOPS. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lol people are overrhyping Incredibles here. The first movie wasn’t good and outside of random Twitter fans no one really asked for a sequel. The general audience doesn’t really care - hence why the first movie is one of Pixar’s lowest grossing ones.   I see this doing 200-300 million domestically TOPS. 

Says the guy predicting $900M for IW.

20 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Why not? (unless you're counting Infinity War)

Sure JW and Incredibles have 1 and 2 but Solo has a good shot of beating the other contenders like Ant-Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2 and Mission Impossible: Fallout 

I think most people expect Jurassic World, Avengers and Incredibles to beat Solo.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:39 PM, GraceRandolph said:

If anything, I see people underestimating Incredibles. 

To answer the OP, I'm in. See this doing around 450-500 million domestically. 

EDIT: Actually I think 500 million is a bit too high. Maybe around 400-450 million. 

Edited by korrasami
n/a

Out

JW2:Fallen Kingdom(not John Wick 2):$455 million

I2:$420 million

Deadpool 2: $345 million

Solo: $335 million

Antman 2: $205 million

Mission Impossible 6: $170 million

Hotel Transylvania 3: $155 million 

Oceans 8: $135 million

Skyscraper:$105 million

Tag: $100 million

Mamma Mia 2: $85 million

Equalizer 2: $75 million 

This only stands a chance because IW moved.  I think people forget that the first Incredibles didn't do as well as several other Pixar movies.  Plus a lot of the appeal was that there weren't a lot of superhero movies at the time (at least not good ones) so it got a boost from that.  I think it'll do well but I still think it'll go under JW.  Its only advantage is having so few family movies over the summer.