K1stpierre

Personal Shopper (2017)

Grade it:  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

B+.

The last scene is my favorite movie scene of the year but does anyone else think that Assayas used two diverging storylines at the end because I can't explain the hotel/elevator scene otherwise.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:53 PM, TLK said:

B+.

The last scene is my favorite movie scene of the year but does anyone else think that Assayas used two diverging storylines at the end because I can't explain the hotel/elevator scene otherwise.

Yeah I loved it too but I'm still waiting for other people's interpretations of this film to rewatch it. I want to look out for those things.

What I wrote when I first saw it a few months ago though:

Wow don't let the Twilight series fool you, Kristen Stewart is no Emma Watson and can definitely act. The film itself doesn't hold your hand and takes awhile to get going but once it does, I found it to be pretty compelling. There are some really cool camera tricks involving ghosts that felt unique that I thought were really impressive and all of the subject matter involving the afterlife was fascinating. I knew this was leading to an open ending though and sure enough the credits roll right at that moment. It's one of those films that leaves a lot up for interpretation so it's definitely not for everyone but it was a lot better then I expected after the first 20 minutes. And Stewarts portrayal of anxiety felt completely authentic, she even had all the eye movements and body tics down. Incredible performance. - B+

Edited by somebody85