fmpro

Friday estimates GR2 7 , TV 7,4 and SH 6,5

Because between 2010 and now he received extreme amount of exposure which should have been enough to guarantee at least double the opening digit of The Warrior from Bane and TDKR afictionados. Hey, what better movie to check out if Hardy is the right Bane than the one where he`s playing MMA meataxe? As it is, nobody turned up for that one. Now, I don`t expect Trekkies and comic book fans to go for TMW but many women like those movies and find actors hot and yet Channing prevailed. Somehow, I doubt it`s the allure of McAdams vs washed up Reese that decided this. After all, Channing did open Step Up without being a big name beforehand.

Exactly what extreme amount of exposure has he seen? Ask any regular person and I think 1 out of every10 might be able to tell you who he is. He's still an unknown. He's not known enough at all to open anything. He's had a supporting role in Inception and most people outside of movie forums haven't a clue he was in that. Supporting role in Tinker. Exposure from Bane marketing, but most don't have a clue that's the same guy as the one in This Means War. Warrior was a small movie. Course he won't open anything... taut is infinitely more popular by box office standards. Edited by Letsuseournoggin

Damn, I always thought Warrior was the kind of "male tear-jerker" that would connect with audiences, like Field of Dreams, Brian's Song, Jerry Maguire, Rocky, et al. I loved it, and I still don't understand why it failed at the box office. It had two hot men that women and gay men could drool over, but whose screen personas were manly and "cool" enough for straight men to like and not feel ashamed of being seen getting out of the theatre showing those films (as opposed to, say, Robert Pattison or Channing Tatum). It had romance, sports action, family drama, tear-jerking without schmaltzy manipulation, and it was in my opinion, decently directed. I thought it was the perfect recipe for a crowd-pleaser.

Edited by Cochofles

Damn, I always thought Warrior was the kind of "male tear-jerker" that would connect with audiences, like Field of Dreams, Brian's Song, Jerry Maguire, Rocky, et al. I loved it, and I still don't understand why it failed at the box office. It had two hot men that women and gay men could drool over, but whose screen personas were manly and "cool" enough for straight men to like and not feel ashamed of being seen getting out of the theatre showing those films (as opposed to, say, Robert Pattison or Channing Tatum). It had romance, sports action, family drama, tear-jerking without schmaltzy manipulation, and it was in my opinion, decently directed. I thought it was the perfect recipe for a crowd-pleaser.

Lionsgate has never been that great at marketing. If Warrior was released through Fox Searchlight or the Weinsteins, it would've probably broke out.

And McAdams has never had an outright bomb either:Sherlock $524mSherlock 2 $504.7mWedding Crashers $285.2mMidnight in Paris $148.4mMean Girls $129mThe Notebook $115.6mTime Traveler's Wife $101.3mRed Eye $95.6mThe Family Stone $92.3mState Of Play $87.8mThe Vow $79mMorning Glory $58.8mThe Hot Chick $54.6mShe's never had a wide release gross less than $50m worldwide. and above those 2 every other film is 90+

Nothing against McAdams, but, in fairness, she is not the reason that the Sherlock movies were such big hits.