kayumanggi

THE INCREDIBLES II | 634.2 M overseas ● 1242.8 M worldwide

Well, it opened in Turkey and Norway.

Current markets should lead it to 1.175. Then it has Denmark, Finland and Sweden next weekend, and finally Italy and Germany in late September. Let's see if it can beat F&F8's 1.236B, it needs Germany to perform like Dory (which is not a small thing to ask).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

Well, it opened in Turkey and Norway.

Current markets should lead it to 1.175. Then it has Denmark, Finland and Sweden next weekend, and finally Italy and Germany in late September. Let's see if it can beat F&F8's 1.236B, it needs Germany to perform like Dory (which is not a small thing to ask).

FD only opened to 1.22m in Norway and Turkey + the Lira lost half it's value from 2016 so it won't come close to 460k from Turkey. (OD). And I don't know how strong I2 was in Norway, europe is a toss up where I2 won over FD. 

Well that said: 7.9m - 1.2m (With Lira I don't think it's this high) = 6.7m = 24.7% drop = still a good drop.

If it's more like 1m than it only dropped 22.5% (very good) .  So the good drop isn't because of the new markets.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pepsa said:

FD only opened to 1.22m in Norway and Turkey + the Lira lost half it's value from 2016 so it won't come close to 460k from Turkey. (OD). And I don't know how strong I2 was in Norway, europe is a toss up where I2 won over FD. 

Well that said: 7.9m - 1.2m (With Lira I don't think it's this high) = 6.7m = 24.7% drop = still a good drop.

If it's more like 1m than it only dropped 22.5% (very good) .  So the good drop isn't because of the new markets.

Norway + Turkey for FD was $1.4M (you forgot Norway previews which count towards opening weekend). So that's 6.5/9.3 -> 30% drop. Obvsly, I think it's less than $1.4M, but even if it was, a 30% drop is very very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

Norway + Turkey for FD was $1.4M (you forgot Norway previews which count towards opening weekend). So that's 6.5/9.3 -> 30% drop. Obvsly, I think it's less than $1.4M, but even if it was, a 30% drop is very very good.

Tnx! I didn't know it had previews.

Idd the hold this weekend was very good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

You're right, I just assumed that those two markets would be good for 2M dollars or more.

Great drop then!

• Like 1

From deadline:

Disney/Pixar’s 11th weekend at bat with Incredibles 2 posted a $7.9M take in 28 markets for $543.9M internationally and $1.141B global. Turkey and Norway were new to visit with the Parr family, both opening No. 1. In the UK, the sequel has become the 2nd highest grossing animated movie ever with $66.4M to lead all markets.

Holds are still strong as summer draws to an end, notably in Czech Rep (+5%), the Netherlands (+2%), Poland (+2%), Belgium (-5%), France (-5%), Japan (-25%), the UK (-29%) and Spain (-36%).

After the UK, the Top 5 is rounded out by China ($53.7M), France ($38.4M), Mexico ($37.2M) and Brazil ($37.2M).

There is still more action to come with next weekend opening the rest of Scandinavia and Italy and Germany on deck in September.

• Like 1

WOW nice I2 was underestimated by $1.2m OS. So it increased 2.2% and if we take out the 1.4m from Turkey + Norway (max) it did $7.7m or down just 13.5% from last week. A great hold, hope it can continue this trend next weekend.

• Like 2

Guys, massive underestimation of Norway and Turkey. The weekend figure itself was $1.6M, but including previews, it went up to $2.3M. That means a 27.6% drop for holdovers (which is still very good). 

The Norway 3-day weekend is higher (in dollars and lc) than FD, DM3, Minions. Basically it seems to be the biggest animated opening weekend since Frozen. Bodes well for the rest of Scandinavia.

In Turkey, it is the 3rd biggest animated 3-day opening (at least going back to 2009) I think. Ice Age 4 (2.84M turkish lira) and Cars 3 (2.81M turkish lira) were only slightly higher (2.79M turkish lira). Including previews, it looks like it may be a record. Obviously, the inflation is crazy there so maybe in admissions it is not so far off. In dollars, though, it is about half the level of Ice Age 4 ($800,000 incl previews vs $1.57M).

Overall, these 2 markets did very well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Lol, Cars 3 second best opening of all time!

Anyways, 1M more or less doesn't make any difference actually, as the film has no big (realistic) goal left. It's already locked to pass the minions and the 1.2B mark - and not to pass Frozen. Passing Furious 8 WW is doable, but that's not a real milestone - finishing at 1.22 or 1.24 doesn't really make much of a difference.

On the "pretty unrealistic but you never know"side, there's still passing TS3's 652M OS gross and becoming the highest grossing Pixar movie OS, but that would require Germany to inexplicably stop doing Germany and produce a major hit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Omni said:

Lol, Cars 3 second best opening of all time!

Anyways, 1M more or less doesn't make any difference actually, as the film has no big (realistic) goal left. It's already locked to pass the minions and the 1.2B mark - and not to pass Frozen. Passing Furious 8 WW is doable, but that's not a real milestone - finishing at 1.22 or 1.24 doesn't really make much of a difference.

On the "pretty unrealistic but you never know"side, there's still passing TS3's 652M OS gross and becoming the highest grossing Pixar movie OS, but that would require Germany to inexplicably stop doing Germany and produce a major hit.

Ever since $600m domestic became a lock I've been pulling for $600m OS and ideally OS > Domestic. 

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

Great underestimated by 1.5m so $11.1m weekend. Might get to $650m OS (far stretch)

If you discount Italy and Germany, Toy Story 3 was only $10M ahead at the same point in its run (OS weekend Aug 27-29), when all the Scandinavian countries were released. TS3 made $35M in Italy and Germany combined so a $650M total for I2 is doable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

What? but the OS was at $562.5m after the est, now with actuals it's at $564m what else did they adjust up then? 

Did they add monday numbers? (yet it says the OS gross is till 02/09 or 09/02 American date).

Edited by pepsa

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

What? but the OS was at $562.5m after the est, now with actuals it's at $564m what else did they adjust up then? 

Did they add monday numbers? (yet it says the OS gross is till 02/09 or 09/02 American date).

Maybe weekday figures from last week were underestimated. I dunno, sometimes it makes me wonder as well...

• Like 1