kayumanggi

THE INCREDIBLES II | 634.2 M overseas ● 1242.8 M worldwide

I guess when studios stop tracking a movie on a daily basis come with 2 projection: one for the weekend, one for the new total. Then they get the numbers and do the updates.

Something like this happens on the Japan thread if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, movieboner said:

I think a $1.25 billion global finish. Could I be right?

It needs almost 35M from Germany to get there. Considering that Dory barely passed 35M, that the market is getting worse year after year, that Nemo was more popular than the Incredibles and that superheroes have limited potential in Germany, I'd say a 1.25B projection is pretty optimistic.

13 hours ago, Omni said:

It needs almost 35M from Germany to get there. Considering that Dory barely passed 35M, that the market is getting worse year after year, that Nemo was more popular than the Incredibles and that superheroes have limited potential in Germany, I'd say a 1.25B projection is pretty optimistic.

Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope. 

Edited by Jiffy

I didn't know where else to put this comment so here it goes:

Back in August I predicted that Disney films that are now in play would push the studio's yearly total to $6.4B WW. It has actually reached $6.55B WW so far. It will comfortably surpass Universal's $6.9B gross (2015) for second-best. Disney currently holds the worldwide record with $7.6B.

Three films remain: Nutcracker, Ralph 2 and Poppins 2. It looks like it can make about $1B from these three by the end of 2018 (NB: not from the three films in total, but only by the end of 2018). Making that into a range: $0.8–1.15B leads to a projected total of $7.35–7.7B. At the higher end of that range, Disney still has chances of breaking its own all-time record. The likelihood of this will become clearer as we approach the end of the year.

• Like 2