kayumanggi

THE INCREDIBLES II | 634.2 M overseas ● 1242.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

It is good, no one said it was going to be huge or big in China. Olive said before the release don't expect Big Hero 6 numbers for this movie. The predictions 24 hours before Midnights were 24m Yuan (already up from the Wednesday predictions because I2 had a good increase in PS on Thurday) had an increase in Fri PS of 115%. Most respected Chinese BO predictors on this BOT said that we shouldn't get hopes up. 

So the 30.65m OD isn't bad at all, it's best Pixar OD ever (not that hard), it won't have the legs that Coco did, nor those of ZooTopia. But we didn't expect it to have them. Still looking like 62m Sat and 56m Sunday maybe a bit more.  So doing an OW of around $23m isn't bad at all. Legs around 2x give it $46m TOT.

You basically told me why the performance was expected and what predictions were made. I follow the China section every day, so I got no new info.

Did I say it was disappointing? No. I said it was not good. Now, if you think a 46M gross in China is a strong result, it's okay. I call it differently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Omni said:

You basically told me why the performance was expected and what predictions were made. I follow the China section every day, so I got no new info.

Did I say it was disappointing? No. I said it was not good. Now, if you think a 46M gross in China is a strong result, it's okay. I call it differently.

Well I do think it's a pretty strong start for an animation movie. Yeah you can call I2 not good, people also could call the hereditary OW bad DOM. I think if you compare it to the other movies in the same category it did well. 

I don't think $46m is strong in China, not for Marvel, not for the Rock. For animation yeah it's good. (Not great).

• Like 1

It will be the second best from Pixar. Like I said it's not great, but not bad either. 

If EP9 does $85m in China next year almost everyone would call that good. Is $85m good for a Scifi movie? No it's not, would it be good for EP9 hell yeah it would be.

The Hollywood film Incredibles 2 has done pretty well and could notch up a higher number than Race 3 at around 4 crore nett which is good for an animation film in India.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4048

4cr nett ~5.2cr gross = $0.8M

TI did .75M lifetime total in India so it has flown past that in 1 day. Highest grossing animated movie in India is Tintin with $5M (data may vary slightly). I2 will become the highest grossing animated in India as WOM is through the roof. Jack-jack is an absolute crowd favorite.

• Like 1

Pixar films have underwhelmed recently in Japan, so I'm not expecting more than $40-45 million there. The superhero theme will not do it any favors for sure. BH6 is the highest-grossing superhero film there (would covert to $83 million with current ER), but that had strong Japanese influences to appeal to the market.

It will be interesting to see where I2 ends up WW. Will it beat TS3 to become Pixar's highest grosser?

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Pixar films have underwhelmed recently in Japan, so I'm not expecting more than $40-45 million there. The superhero theme will not do it any favors for sure. BH6 is the highest-grossing superhero film there (would covert to $83 million with current ER), but that had strong Japanese influences to appeal to the market.

It will be interesting to see where I2 ends up WW. Will it beat TS3 to become Pixar's highest grosser?

Why do you think it won't beat it? Atleast $550m DOM and it's doing better than FD in almost every market. So easily $550m OS 

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Why do you think it won't beat it? Atleast $550m DOM and it's doing better than FD in almost every market. So easily $550m OS 

I was actually asking out of pure curiosity. I've been without Wi-Fi for a whole week, so I haven't kept up to date on the OS performances in each market.  From those numbers, it looks like Minions could also go down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pepsa said:

I think $600M domestic is possible. And I once read a comment that $600M OS even with a $40M China gross is possible. So I think Frozen should be the target.

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

I think $600M domestic is possible. And I once read a comment that $600M OS even with a $40M China gross is possible. So I think Frozen should be the target.

Yeah Frozen should be the target, we still have to wait for japan. Japan was a big market for FD and Pixar isn't doing so hot atm.

But yeah I also see 1.15B +

42 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

A  good quality CAM version of I2 has been leaked.. spreading like wildfire on Facebook and Torrent sites. Not sure how much impact it has...

It won't impact family audiences because Kids are unlikely to watch cam rips. However, I2 seems to skew more adult-friendly than most other animated films, so that might hurt it somewhat. Won't change the fact that this movie is a gigantic hit, though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Frozen did $300m from Japan and China combined so that is going to be hard to beat.

Assuming $90M for China and Japan combined for I2, that's 210M deficit. Latin America and Domestic can pick up that. 

Frozen in Latin America did $90M, I2 is looking IMO to ~$130M (around TS3-Coco numbers) and maybe even more. Domestic could compensate for the rest (or do a bit better in Japan). 

So it would be up to Europe and the rest of Asia to decide, though that still would be hard for I2. 

Edited by salvador-232

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

Assuming $90M for China and Japan combined for I2, that's 210M deficit. Latin America and Domestic can pick up that. 

Frozen in Latin America did $90M, I2 is looking IMO to ~$130M (around TS3-Coco numbers). Domestic could compensate for the rest (or do a bit better in Japan). 

So it would be up to Europe and the rest of Asia to decide, though that still would be hard for I2. 

Frozen only made 400mil dom, I2 should pass that by the end of next weekend and then some.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:32 AM, pepsa said:

So I2 did 22m OS in 3 days, seems great to me!

Specialy because on Wed the only new country added was Iceland.

I expect $112m OS-China after this WE

134.7m - 21.2m = 113.7m OS-China this WE.

If I do my calculations I really am getting close to the actual numbers. 

Edited by pepsa