WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

But I really liked WILDERPEOPLE. It's just a really broad movie where basically everyone in it is a stereotype or a riff on a stereotype. I mean, the concept of it is older than dirt. 

Isn't it like Goodbye, Father? Wait nobody knows that movie exists. I'm tired, what movie is it like?

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Isn't it like Goodbye, Father? Wait nobody knows that movie exists. I'm tired, what movie is it like?

It's a fish out of water movie crossed with a "two people are stuck with each other but they hate each other" movie (the old man / young person subset of that trope) crossed with a road trip/adventure movie. 

• Like 2

Cars 3 looks disappointing now.  Great hold for Wonder Woman again.

3rd Update, Friday 11:45PM It’s a no brainer that Disney/Pixar’s Cars 3 is leading at the box office, however, the more interesting tale this weekend is the counter-programming, specifically Lionsgate Code Black/Morgan Creek’s Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez on Me which has willed itself to existence on the big screen after six years and four director attachments to finally open on the late rapper’s 46th birthday for a third place take of $33.5M.

At this time, it doesn’t look like All Eyez On Me will defeat Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman for second place, now estimated at $37.5M. If that’s the case, we’ll know better on Saturday. Nonetheless, the Tupac movie’s bigger story is how it’s blowing its $15M-$22M projections away.

Cars 3‘s Friday has simmered down to an estimated $19.1M (including Thursday night’s $2.8M) and $51.5M, obviously a case of threequel-itis, however, the big picture on all these Cars movies is its merchandising revenue which continues to swell with each installment; current estimates figuring it’s well north of $10 billion. Audiences loved Cars 3 with an A CinemaScore, which is more than Cars 2 (A-) and as much as Cars (A). That grade marks the 18th A CinemScore in a row for Pixar.

Meanwhile, in a reversal of fortune between a major studio and an indie, Sony’s R-rated Scarlett Johansson comedy ensemble Rough Night has been pulled underwater by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios’ Mandy Moore shark thriller 47 Meters Down$8.9M to $10.6M. Who would have thought? Audiences loathe both titles giving 47 Meters Down a C CinemaScore, and Rough Night a C+. PostTrak isn’t any better with both titles respectively landing notorious 55% and 66% positive scores.

Cars 3‘s Friday has simmered down to an estimated $19.1M (including Thursday night’s $2.8M) and $51.5M, obviously a case of threequel-itis, however, the big picture on all these Cars movies is its merchandising revenue which continues to swell with each installment; current estimates figuring it’s well north of $10 billion. Audiences loved Cars 3 with an A CinemaScore, which is more than Cars 2 (A-) and as much as Cars (A). That grade marks the 18th A CinemScore in a row for Pixar.

Ratatouille is far and away Pixar's best movie and one of the best and most touching animations of all time.

Toy Story is by far the most overrated. Inside Out is also overrated as hell. And probably the most overrated animation of this decade is Zootopia. 

And the best animation of this decade so far is The Book of Life (followed by Tintin I think). No Pixar movie even comes close. 

Just now, James said:

Ratatouille is far and away Pixar's best movie and one of the best and most touching animations of all time.

Toy Story is by far the most overrated. Inside Out is also overrated as hell. And probably the most overrated animation of this decade is Zootopia. 

And the best animation of this decade so far is The Book of Life (followed by Tintin I think). No Pixar movie even comes close. 

Tintin was just great. Sad we are not getting more of those.

• Like 2

Wow, I was wondering if there was going to be actual franchise fatigue (I mean, 191 mil DOM for a film as poorly recieved as Cars 2 is still impressive), but there it is. Disney really just needs to accept that the franchise should stay as merch. I have zero clue why they haven't just made a damn TV series out of the property yet.

Edited by goldenstate5

3 minutes ago, James said:

ratatouille is great and nobody would argue that but neither toy story and inside out were overrated.

I hate people say "overrated" like their are god-like knowing-all

Some people were just too good in understanding how other people appreciate the thing

the word "overrated" is already overrated by itself.   

• Like 4