WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

37 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Fantastic for Wonder Woman!!

A big shame for Rough Night, solid for 47 Meters down. 

I thought the title ("(Asgardian Whispers, Pg 49) Cars 18.8, Tupac 13.1, Wondey 10.7, 47M") meant that Wonder Woman was expected to do 47 million dollars for the weekend and my heart almost stopped!!! :D  Then I realized that 47M was the movie formerly titled In The Deep . :(:P 

I want Pixar to win but...:sadno: it looks like Cars 3 will be Pixar's 2nd lowest grossing title just above The Good Dinosaur.

Using Cars 2 multiplier, Number 3 may end up with less than $150M.

In the age of dying fossil fuel economy, may they should do an electric vehicle theme next time.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, zackzack said:

I want Pixar to win but...:sadno: it looks like Cars 3 will be Pixar's 2nd lowest grossing title just above The Good Dinosaur.

In the age of dying fossil fuel economy, may they should do an electric vehicle theme next time.

:bravo: I would watch that.

1 hour ago, jf8350143 said:

Even with the lowest OW,WW is gonna be the DCEU movie with both the highest critic score and the highest domestic box office.

Let's see what WB takes away from this, more female superheroes? More creative freedom for directors? More Wonder Woman? Or more Chris Pine?

More Danny Huston.

• Like 6

TF2 was 

91 Wed-Thu + 109 OW 

for 200 5-day

and 402 dom.

Using 70 5-day for TF5, those same breakups gives

32 Wed-Thu + 38 OW

for 70 5-day

and 141 dom.

If TF5 has the same 2nd weekend drop as TF2 (down 61% from FSS; also as a Wed opener) then the 2nd weekend will be ~14.8.

WONDR can go over that in the 5th weekend: 3rd weekend 42, 4th weekend 24 (-43%), 5th weekend 15 (-37.5%).

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

TF2 was 

91 Wed-Thu + 109 OW 

for 200 5-day

and 402 dom.

Using 70 5-day for TF5, those same breakups gives

32 Wed-Thu + 38 OW

for 70 5-day

and 141 dom.

If TF5 has the same 2nd weekend drop as TF2 (down 61% from FSS; also as a Wed opener) then the 2nd weekend will be ~14.8.

WONDR can go over that in the 5th weekend: 3rd weekend 42, 4th weekend 24 (-43%), 5th weekend 15 (-37.5%).

Kinda fun that Get Out will be ahead of established franchises like Pirates (probably) and Transformers in that scenario.

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Kinda fun that Get Out will be ahead of established franchises like Pirates (probably) and Transformers in that scenario.

Yeah.

Get Out over POTC is a done deal. Depending on how POTC behaves when TF opens it could get to 165. 170 imo is out of question.

Get Out over all 3 - POTC, TF, APES - is realistic too.

Hidden Figures is technically 2016 but it too could be over those 3 films.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Yeah.

Get Out over POTC is a done deal. Depending on how POTC behaves when TF opens it could get to 165. 170 imo is out of question.

Get Out over all 3 - POTC, TF, APES - is realistic too.

Hidden Figures is technically 2016 but it too could be over those 3 films.

There's a bunch of things that I really would not have called at the start of the year.

On the flipside, a lot of these surprises are due to some films coming in under expectations which isn't as cool, but I guess it makes things interesting.

12 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Justice league thread is having seizures on my mobile. According to some otger poster,  it's 'cos of twitter embeding but that is not affecting other threads.

Same for me. It's annoying.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Justice league thread is having seizures on my mobile. According to some otger poster,  it's 'cos of twitter embeding but that is not affecting other threads.

happens on my laptop too. gave me seizures. 

have experienced this with JL thread before.

i used to think it's something to do with posts from blocked users appearing and disappearing at full speed instead of staying hidden and that made the length of the page jump around.

but maybe not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, James said:

Call me crazy, but I think Sunday might actually increase from Saturday, like it happened for a few movies last year. Thinking 10.7 + 16.4 + 16.9 = 44M

I'm not seeing a plethora of >50% Sat bumps looking back on the past few third weekends in June. 

1 hour ago, zackzack said:

I don't know, Cars 3 could still perform well over the weekend and unless it does below $50 million OW, I don't see how it misses $150 million DOM. Even with a 60-65% drop against DM3, it should still hold steady as a good #2 option for kids throughout July (25-35% drops for the first three weekends of July likely based on past Pixar June releases)

I think it'll do $155-175 million DOM - respectable numbers considering how loathed Cars 2 was

Edited by mahnamahna

When can a movie I like be dominating the box office? Blargh.

Still a lot of variable that can affect Cars' OW. lol @ people saying it's a disappointing opening.

30M looks questionable for All Eyez on Me if it's as frontloaded as we think it'll be.

Good for 47 Meters.

LMAO ROUGH NIGHT

Meh hold for The Mummy. Obviously it isn't good, but it's not as bad as I expected.

Excellent holds for GOTG and POTC.

People were nuts to expect CU to drop over 50%. Literally nothing indicated it would do that.

Edited by WrathOfHan