WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

Wait a minute, now it just dawned on me.....

We've already got 3 movies past 100M from the Summer:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Wonder Woman

And we are surely getting these other 6:

Cars 3

Transformers: The Last Knight

Despicable Me 3

Spider-Man: Homecoming

War For The Planet Of The Apes

Dunkirk

That only makes it 9 movies over 100M from the Summer. There's gotta be some other breakout, or we're gonna end up w/a top 10 films of the Summer not even filled w/100M films to the brim, which would be laughable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wonder Woman

Cars 3

Despicable Me 3

Dunkirk

That only makes it 9 movies over 100M from the Summer. There's gotta be some other breakout, or we're gonna end up w/a top 10 films of the Summer not even filled w/100M films to the brim, which would be laughable.

I was thinking about this yesterday. The Mummy might make the top 15 with 80M as it stands.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wonder Woman

Cars 3

Despicable Me 3

Dunkirk

Emoji is doing 100M.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. The Mummy might make the top 15 with 80M as it stands.

Yup. That's a very strong possibility, actually.

Right now, this is the top 10 of the Summer so far:

01. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 371.1M

02. Wonder Woman - 244.7M

03. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 143.9M

04. Alien: Covenant - 72.3M

05. Baywatch - 54M

06. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie - 52.7M

07. The Mummy - 46M

08. Snatched - 45.3M

09. King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword - 38.4M

10. Everything, Everything - 32.8M

The fact that Alien: Covfefe, which is looking at a 75M finish, won't be pushed out by early July tops is kinda negatively scary.

@CJohn Sadly, that is, indeed, the best hope for the 10th 100M movie. @WrathOfHan I'm praying for Hitman's Bodyguard to get that far too, but you never know. Atomic Blonde is looking at Power Rangers numbers best case scenario, if you ask me. Valerian... sorry buddy, but there's no chance in hell 100M happens for that movie.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Telemachos said:

edit: replying to @Blankments's most recent post and point #2, the movie, since I haven't read the books. I guess maybe I question the choice to make a feature out of it. And not to get moralistic or anything, but the best of children's literature (on any level) is to give kids a taste, a hint, of the adult world and some of the temptations, fears, and drawbacks of it (as examples, pick any of the better animated features from Pixar, Laika, Disney, or Gibli). The two kids in CU don't learn anything or even grow in any sort of way. They get what they want and everything kind of works out because they want it to. It's a bubble world that's remarkably self-absorbed. 

I don't actually disagree. :P My point is more Captain Underpants is an entry level book series/film into the ideas that creativity and imagination can save the world. Certainly, books later on in my child such as A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS or NARNIA hit more at what you're saying, and I like those more and still think they're good, but CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS still is strong imo in spite of not having much of that

but yeah, I'll move on too lol

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yup. That's a very strong possibility, actually.

Right now, this is the top 10 of the Summer so far:

01. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 371.1M

02. Wonder Woman - 244.7M

03. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 143.9M

04. Alien: Covenant - 72.3M

05. Baywatch - 54M

06. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie - 52.7M

07. The Mummy - 46M

08. Snatched - 45.3M

09. King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword - 38.4M

10. Everything, Everything - 32.8M

The fact that Alien: Covfefe, which is looking at a 75M finish, won't be pushed out by early July tops is kinda negatively scary.

Meanwhile in Portugal GotG2, King Arthur, Alien, PotC, WW, Underpants and The Mummy all already crossed the 100,000 tickets sold mark. Strong numbers all around. All of this week's openers are tanking, tho.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Meanwhile in Portugal GotG2, King Arthur, Alien, PotC, WW, Underpants and The Mummy all already crossed the 100,000 tickets sold mark. Strong numbers all around. All of this week's openers are tanking, tho.

Cars 3 is flopping? Pixar's OS power really has faded away, hasn't it?

2 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

That's no coincidence. One of the reasons that WW is gonna have such fantastic legs is that the reception of previous DCEU movies suppressed its OW.

That is nonsense, because there is no way a Wonder Woman movie would have opened to $100M+ if she wasn't included in BvS.

There is a feast or famine dynamic that is contaminating the US box office that must be quite scary to Hollywood executives.

Rotten Tomatoes is now a taste tyranny that has no counter power.

250+- Critics that don't pay for their movie are rulling movie taste right now.

What a progress for (US) human kind.

Pledge your Allegiance to the Mighty Tomato of have bad taste in movies forever.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Cars 3 is flopping? Pixar's OS power really has faded away, hasn't it?

You know nothing about your own countries's release dates, do you? :ph34r:

Cars 3 only opens here on July 21.

(The openers here this week are Rough Night, Hunter's Prayer, Everything Everything and a cheap Chinese animation movie called King Monkey or whatever)

Just now, The Futurist said:

There is a feast or famine dynamic that is contaminating the US box office that must be quite scary to Hollywood executives.

Pledge your Allegiance to the Mighty Tomato of have bad taste in movies forever.

HAIL THE TOMATO LAW

Rotten_Tomatoes.png

• Like 2

On a different topic, there's a lot of non-love for Cars on this thread, and I want to speak up for the original.  Pixar movies have tended to be blow out successes when they touch on something that's so eternal or iconic that people just feel the movie by having it there.  I actually really, really liked the original Cars  - it was truth in advertising, a movie about the greatness of cars and the driving lifestyle, both in Nascar-esque fashion and the forgotten drives people took before interstates took over.   But, it's the Route 66 parts of that movie that made it Pixar...it's not as amazing as the early Up or Wall-E scenes or the ending Toy Story 3 scenes, but you feel that movie all through the 2nd act.  You didn't care that the ending was mostly formulaic b/c the middle act was one of the best they've made.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You know nothing about your own countries's release dates, do you? :ph34r:

Cars 3 only opens here on July 21.

(The openers here this week are Rough Night, Hunter's Prayer, Everything Everything and a cheap Chinese animation movie called King Monkey or whatever)

I had seen on IMDB that Cars 3 opened here this weekend, they changed their mind since, fuck you :ph34r:

(Well, thank God I ended up not taking my lovely fem date to see Cars 3, I would've gotten quite the awkwardz from that :ph34r:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I had seen on IMDB that Cars 3 opened here this weekend, they changed their mind since, fuck you :ph34r:

(Well, thank God I ended up not taking my lovely fem date to see Cars 3, I would've gotten quite the awkwardz from that :ph34r:)

Theaters seem to be peaceful this week. Forum Montijo's cinema is absolutely empty. So far they sold 5 tickets for The Assignment, 10 tickets for Hunter's Prayer, 33 tickets for Girls Night, 75 tickets for PotC5 and the pair The Mummy/WW is yet to start but so far both are looking at 100-120 tickets sold each. Absolutely awful Saturday night.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Image result for ow the edge

• Like 8

Okay my gf is Wonder Woman...

Got out of the movie and taking a ride to our place and the driver ends up being deaf...she immediately starts sign languaging..

Once done she turns to me and says "Yes, I know that along with 6 other languages bitch."

• Like 7