aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

Cute marketing move.

Curious to see the trailer. Love Paul obviously but curious to see how he does with non-comedy. 

Anna Kendrick dilutes her box office power so much with so many random VOD films though. Hopefully Blake’s fan base turn up and it does the usual $35-50m. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cute marketing move.

Curious to see the trailer. Love Paul obviously but curious to see how he does with non-comedy. 

Anna Kendrick dilutes her box office power so much with so many random VOD films though. Hopefully Blake’s fan base turn up and it does the usual $35-50m. 

42-55m :P

• Like 1

Folks who saw the first trailer did say it reminded them of Gone Girl. I'm just intrigued because I'm so used to Paul Feig doing comedies that I want to see what he does with a premise like this :P

Ill reserve my B/O predictions until after I see a full trailer though lol 

3 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

would girl on the train numbers seem unlikely?

If it's really well recieved and lionsgate does a good job of marketing, I could see it doing really well. I know Paul Feig has a small fan base and then Anna plus Blake also target a similar audience. I'd say maybe $20M/$60M if it's really well recieved though. 

I feel like Girl on the Train was a much more popular book which also helped with its gross so I don't know if it can get there but I won't say no when so little about the film is known lol 

• Like 1

Yeah this book sold nowhere near GOTT levels, but the GOTT movie was poorly received and didn't do that well, so... if they market this properly it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

• Like 1