aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

...4 months before release is early?  Seems like a normal time to start marketing for a film

i mean a trailer sure but that kind of actor promo is made 2 weeks before the release (3-4 if its a blockbuster), not 4 months

Blake Lively's career is interesting, she keeps getting lead roles without any marquee hits on her resume. A rarity these days

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 12:13 PM, Chewy said:

Blake Lively's career is interesting, she keeps getting lead roles without any marquee hits on her resume. A rarity these days

The Shallows and Age of Adeline were modest hits, no? 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, Chewy said:

The Shallows and The Age of Adaline id assume were hits. But its not like she's getting 5 films a year. I mean looking at her imdb it reflects her resume imo 

4 minutes ago, stay-cool said:

The Shallows and Age of Adeline were modest hits, no? 

Sure, I didn't mean it as a put-down. You just usually don't see someone without at least one big hit land lead after lead with no signs of slowing down

28 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Sure, I didn't mean it as a put-down. You just usually don't see someone without at least one big hit land lead after lead with no signs of slowing down

You dont make sense. It's not like she's getting leads in high budget movies. Adaline was a hit and The shallows made like 7x its budget, so she'll continue getting lead roles in 15-30m budget movies, simple.

Her biggest test will be The rhytm section, and after red sparrow and atomic blonde i doubt it'll do that well for a 50m budget

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

You dont make sense. It's not like she's getting leads in high budget movies. Adaline was a hit and The shallows made like 7x its budget, so she'll continue getting lead roles in 15-35m budget movies, simple.

But that's what I said? Consistent moderate budget success without any bigger flicks mixed in. And not many other actors out there with similar careers right now

Is there something wrong with me calling that interesting? Don't understand the pushback, lmao

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

But that's what I said? Consistent moderate budget success without any bigger flicks mixed in. And not many other actors out there with similar careers right now

Is there something wrong with me calling that interesting? Don't understand the pushback, lmao

well it's not that common for a 30 year old actress to have had 2 pregnancies, she hasnt done many movies anyway, i hope she can snatch a role in marvel in the future, if there are other interesting female roles

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nova said:

Apparently that bond like film scheduled for next year cost $50M @Chewy 

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

she also was cast in The Husband's Secret like a year ago and there's still no one else in the cast? it just seems like she takes a long time betweetn projects which makes no sense when she should be 'peaking' now. thank god she ditched that Nick Cassavetes MMA fighter project she was about be involved in

Edited by TombRaider

2 hours ago, TombRaider said:

she also was cast in The Husband's Secret like a year ago and there's still no one else in the cast? it just seems like she takes a long time betweetn projects which makes no sense when she should be 'peaking' now. thank god she ditched that Nick Cassavetes MMA fighter project she was about be involved in

I don't know but I imagine things got pushed back in regards to that because she got hurt on that Bond like movie and if that thing actually costs $50M, then she is probably contractually obligated to get healthy for it and finish production on it which means not being able to focus on shooting other products. 

• Like 1