aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt Lively will ever win an Oscar or anything but she's a better actress than most give her credit for. Her performances in The Town and The Shallows in particular were quite good.

I will never say never when it comes to Oscars. An actor that today is seen as a one-trick pony could easily be tomorrow's Oscar-winning revelation.

Just now, StevenG said:

I will never say never when it comes to Oscars. An actor that today is seen as a one-trick pony could easily be tomorrow's Oscar-winning revelation.

Better hope "Oscar Winner Sebastian Stan" or "Oscar Winner Ansel Elgort" never happen or else RIP BOT.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Better hope "Oscar Winner Sebastian Stan" or "Oscar Winner Ansel Elgort" never happen or else RIP BOT.

Hmm now that you brought their names up, give it 5-10 years and I could see it happening 

From the teaser I thought the two of them had planned something together, but this new trailer makes it seem like a more conventional story of disappearing, and Anna Kendrick's character trying to find out what happened? I like the first trailer better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

From the teaser I thought the two of them had planned something together, but this new trailer makes it seem like a more conventional story of disappearing, and Anna Kendrick's character trying to find out what happened? I like the first trailer better.

You never know? Apparently the book has a lot of twists and twists in it so it could be possible that Anna's character is in on it but just for the trailer they're making it seem like she has no clue. 

• Like 1

@Napoleon but I feel like if they did that then audiences would get pissed since they're pretty much trying to sell a Gone Girl/Girl on the train type film based on the trailer. So if Anna ends up being in on it then they misled audiences and nothing can be worse than misleading an audience when it comes to films like this lol 

Edited by Nova

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The first trailer intrigued me enough.  Gonna try avoiding this one (it'll probably be attached to another film in the future but hey I can try)

The new trailer is more traditional so it gives some things away. I don’t think it’s too spoilery or anything but if you were sold on the film, the new trailer isn’t necessary to watch. 

Im guessing they went with a more traditional trailer so they can try and sell the film to the average movie goer when they attach it to films for the next 6 weeks or so at the theater lol 

• Like 2