Alli

American Assassin and American Made UNDER 45M

AA and AM UNDER 45M  

14 members have voted

1. 1. AA and AM UNDER 45M

12 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Both are gonna bomb. AM's budget is at $80 million. 

It's too early to declare AM as BOMB. Wait till Sept 29 to get an idea about its performance in USA. It might breakout Domestically considering its subject matter! 

I think 80m is gross budget if u factor in rebates the budget might end up somewhere around 60m like JR. 

• Like 1

AA did ok OW , but it will not pass 45M.

Now onto AM...which is doing mediocre OS and it dropped hard now that it has september competition.   In the US it will face major competition. i can say i'm almost certain it will not make it to 45M.

Edited by Alli

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

AA should come close to $40 million but still be a small profit. AM is a small American flop, but internationally is making bank. 

Both look to finish domestic near their production budget - according to BOM.

AA is going to lose more theaters next week and will probably finish around $37m on a $33 budget (and probably near that in P&A).  Lionsgate sold off O/S (where it's doing poorly) as is their practice so they'll make some profit in the end after ancillaries.

Reportedly, AM's budget was $50-60 after rebates.  BOM has it now at $50m.  If so they'll do OK. With it currently at $98m ww - without China and (I think) only Russia & Japan left it looks to finish around $140m ww.

42 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

AA should come close to $40 million but still be a small profit. AM is a small American flop, but internationally is making bank. 

AM is not a flop by commercial standards...its has recovered close to 60% of its Budget Internationally. 

It has few markets like Japan, Russia and Argentina (Nov 2). 

Domestically even if it ends up grossing less than 50M it will still have decent profits.

56 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AA won't hit $40m

Oct 6–8 11 $1,375,000
(Estimate)
-58.5% 1,656 -1,364 $830 $34,436,277
(Estimate)

Thats a big drop....but considering the critical response looks like the movie has done pretty avg job at BO.

Not bad. Its not gonna turn Lionsgate Balance sheet in Red. 

17 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Both look to finish domestic near their production budget - according to BOM.

AA is going to lose more theaters next week and will probably finish around $37m on a $33 budget (and probably near that in P&A).  Lionsgate sold off O/S (where it's doing poorly) as is their practice so they'll make some profit in the end after ancillaries.

Reportedly, AM's budget was $50-60 after rebates.  BOM has it now at $50m.  If so they'll do OK. With it currently at $98m ww - without China and (I think) only Russia & Japan left it looks to finish around $140m ww.

I'm expecting slightly higher overseas total for AM with closer to $150 million WW.