marveldcfox

Daniel Day Lewis announces retirement from acting!

On 6/20/2017 at 4:19 PM, marveldcfox said:

What a sad day...I was hoping to see him in some more great roles before eventually being in a STAR WARS or MARVEL or DC film. Dammit.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/daniel-day-lewis-quits-acting-oscar-winner-1202472766/

Arguably the best actor of all time.

Im sad to see him decide to be done but there was no way in hell he'd ever do a blockbuster flick, even if he wasn't quitting. He's not a huge star (outside of filmbuffs) and with how selective he is I doubt he'd have any interest playing some silly comic book character.

I swear, if this is the beginning of his own spin on Joaquin Phoenix's I'm Still Here stunt, he will go on to win every Best Actor award on the planet for it.

Seriously, though, I'd take this news with a grain of salt. Even though I'd believe that Day-Lewis would walk away from film given the extreme intensity he puts into preparing for every role, I don't think he'll really be done at 60. Give him the right role and the proper time to prepare for it, and I'm sure he'll be back again.