Xillix

Spin-Off/Restart Separately?

So hear me out - it seems to me like a lot of the people who had been playing CAYOM here are no longer active/interested. On the other hand, it also seems there are several newer members who would like to get started in the game, but can't because of all the backlog and the non-progress of Year 10 here. 

Might it be worth considering taking Hollywood's cue and doing a reboot of sorts, perhaps on a separate forum? Same rules, same game, we could even consider transferring franchise rights and stuff for people who come over. But other than that, a clean slate. Maybe a fresh start in a new place is what we need to kick this into gear a bit? And the good thing about spinning it off somewhere else would be that this version of the game would still be here in case anyone ever does get it up and going again, so people don't have to actually lose their work.

Anyone think it's an interesting/worthwhile idea?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Xillix said:

So hear me out - it seems to me like a lot of the people who had been playing CAYOM here are no longer active/interested. On the other hand, it also seems there are several newer members who would like to get started in the game, but can't because of all the backlog and the non-progress of Year 10 here. 

Might it be worth considering taking Hollywood's cue and doing a reboot of sorts, perhaps on a separate forum? Same rules, same game, we could even consider transferring franchise rights and stuff for people who come over. But other than that, a clean slate. Maybe a fresh start in a new place is what we need to kick this into gear a bit? And the good thing about spinning it off somewhere else would be that this version of the game would still be here in case anyone ever does get it up and going again, so people don't have to actually lose their work.

Anyone think it's an interesting/worthwhile idea?

I would be down.

• Like 1

I'm not generally active on here anymore, but if it were for this to move, I'd probably put down the same movies I had for Year 10. After that, I have no idea if I'd be around or not anymore.

I will be helping out too, happy to make movies.

But with the content I've put out on Box Office Theory and the lack of privacy I have online... I'm gonna have to use a different name.

And also not use Kat Dennings/Danielle Panabaker in anything.

Take that post to mean whatever you want it to mean, but in "Box Office Mojo" CAYOM... Electric used Danielle Panabaker/Kat Dennings WAY too often and... there's a 99.99%  they know about it given that it took place in 2006-11...

Cool. So as far as rules go they're basically the same. Only real change is I added specific numbers in some places where it used to be left vague - five years since the last real-world movie in a series for it to be up for franchise rights grabs, directors limited to 2 films a year, producers limited to five, cinematographers three, composers six, and actors six (with additional leeway for cameos). Sound okay?

I'm going to make weird-ass stories based on my internet girlfriend from YouThink.com [played by Mila Kunis, Summer Story] and insert Kristen Bell instead of Blake Lively. Yeah.

FWIW, I don't think this will take off. :P

@Xillix I'm happy you want to keep the game afloat, and I respect your decision if you wish to move it to a different forum. As a moderator, I would be happy to assist you in any means for board formatting, locking threads, and so on. Let me know if you need anything.

@Electric Please tone it down with the antagonizing behavior. Thank you.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:59 PM, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

@Xillix I'm happy you want to keep the game afloat, and I respect your decision if you wish to move it to a different forum. As a moderator, I would be happy to assist you in any means for board formatting, locking threads, and so on. Let me know if you need anything.

@Electric Please tone it down with the antagonizing behavior. Thank you.

@Spaghetti of 1000 Planets Sorry, that's not how I roll these days. 

I'm done letting losers waste my time and steal my ideas.

I'm old school BOM from 2006.

12 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

What are you trying to prove, Electric? No one is trying to steal your ideas.

I'm just "sperging out" on yet another forum.

I put WAY too much of myself out there since 2006.

So I look forward to a chance to actually make movies not based on my own family with Ben Foster as me and Jodie Foster as my mom.

Time to break free of the shackles of my internet bullshit life.