CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

22 minutes ago, baumer said:

Why so modest with the total?  The first one opened to 6.7 and did 74.5.  I know it won't get exactly the same multiplier, but it doesn't seem crazy to think it could do more than the first one did.

Keep in mind that the $6.8M of the original is for just Saturday and Sunday after opening on Wednesday and the $12.7M is for opening Friday through Sunday.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tower said:

Keep in mind that the $6.8M of the original is for just Saturday and Sunday after opening on Wednesday and the $12.7M is for opening Friday through Sunday.

I didn't know that.  I figured there had to be some kind of caveat to this.  But still the opening is good.  So hopefully it can match the first.

37.5 more dom (~401 total),

25 more os-Japan (after 14 os-Japan weekend) \

50 more Japan (for 62-63 total)

gives 1135+37.5+25+52.5 = 1250 ww

1300 seems tough but 1275 is possible.

1 hour ago, scabab said:

Wasn't that long ago you had people questioning if it would do $1 billion. Now it's going to pass $1.2 billion.

TBF most thought it would land close to 1.2B-1.3B, atleast me and Baumer did. 

Anyhow great run for JW2 clocking in at almost 1.3B comming of a break out mega hit is great!

Edited by pepsa

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom.jpg?w=301&
Universal Pictures

Thrashing into Japan, Universal/Amblin’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom set a new record. With a $12.7M opening it is Universal’s best ever, and the top start for 2018. The Japan start includes $1M from only 30 screens.

The full overseas weekend was $26.7M in 68 markets for $771.4M internationally and $1,134.7M worldwide. The top holds were in Germany (-24%/26.2M), Australia (-31%/$23M cume), Mexico (-58%/$32.2M) and the UK (-41%/$51.2M).

China has given JWFK an extended release and the cume there is now $256.1M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scabab said:

Box Mojo updated the overseas gross as of the 19th. Now at $790 million overseas and $1.162 billion worldwide.

So it's made about $18 million overseas from Monday to Thursday. 

Isn't it Monday to Wednesday, though?