CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

Looks like the first two days in Germany are a tiny bit behind the first day of JW (139k to 145k admissions). First trend seems to hint at 500-550k for the weekend, which would be a drop of 40-45% from JW, though in terms of money the drop should be lower due to having only 3D this time around. There is quite a bit of uncertainty due to the weather though. It is currently quite hot and sunny, which has deflated the entire market once again, making it tough to say where things are heading, especially with thunderstorms having local effects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

So Germany is doing bad. Too early to judge other places though I guess 

Too early to judge the other places?

When it’s been released in those places the exact same amount of days as Germany 😂😂

You’re picking and choosing to suit yourself. 

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

So Germany is doing bad. Too early to judge other places though I guess 

What about South Korea?

Opening day record and now it’s looking like 3 million admissions and a $25m opening. 

Indonesia increased. U.K. down just 14%, India increased from JW despite no 3D. 

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What about South Korea?

Opening day record and now it’s looking like 3 million admissions and a $25m opening. 

I thought I read it was going way down in those countries

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What about South Korea?

Well JW2 fell behind in daillies in SK and it might never over take JW in dallies again from this point onwards. 

Btw germany might be down 45% in adm the euro is stronger (8%) and only 3D showings so that should make for more expensive tickets. So in gross it won't be down 45% - 50%, the drop will a lot less heavy in USD. 

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

will it outgross JW1? That's all that matters

It will be close, but it might. The OD of JW and JW2 minus the insane MD of 1.2m is the same (around 1.5m)

So JW did 5.5m with 1.5m OW

And JW will have a 2.7m OW 

But it will need good holds, better than IW a decent amount better, but a smaller OW makes that more doable.

Edited by pepsa

FRIDAY UPDATE: Adding 23 offshore markets on Thursday, Universal Pictures/Amblin Entertainment’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has upped its international box office to $39.3M in early play. The J.A. Bayona-directed installment was open in 30 total markets through yesterday.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-opening-weekend-box-office-international-1202405551/

Breakdown:

WED : $20.2M (7 markets)

THU : $19.1M (+ 23 new markets)

Edited by ArmGunar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I think this is going to fizzle out a bit more quickly than anticipated overseas, especially with Incredibles and World Cup promising to be huge. 

Incredibles doesn’t come out here til 13th of July. 

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

will it outgross JW1? That's all that matters

No one was expecting it to outgross Jurassic World. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

I thought I read it was going way down in those countries

It is, in dollar. Remember in countries like the UK the pound is very weak now compared to 2015. Even if it mached JW, which it won't, it'd still have a significant drop. £64.5m now is $86m compared to $100m in 2015.

JW2 is looking at probably looking at half of the first in the UK. Probably aiming for £40m or so, which is $53m. Not a bad total in pounds, but the ER is very poor. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Quigley said:

Dat Korea drop

that's par for the calender right? big holiday wed followed by big thu drop. considering it broke the od record i think it's aok in korea. now dat germany performance driving me a bit nuts.