CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Flops are measured by films that lose money and aren’t profitable. 

It should still break $1bn. 

It still has to open in China and also the other markets the week after that which the first film made another $210m from. 

Not at all. For example a 1 billion gross for Avengers 4 would be seen as a huge flop  even though it would still be profitable. Meanwhile it would be massive for a movie like Jumanji. Different movies have different standards. It’s not complicated to understand.   

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That would be absolutely great imo. If i remember corretly, the same markets for JW gave an opening figure of 158M.

Complete guesswork on my end. I figure family appeal factor will drive up Sat a lot (as proven by SK and HK) Plus, it’s wide open in the OS markets right now with no competitions so IW should be holding well over Sun too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Not at all. For example a 1 billion gross for Avengers 4 would be seen as a huge flop  even though it would still be profitable. Meanwhile it would be massive for a movie like Jumanji. Different movies have different standards. It’s not complicated to understand.   

People just want to be happy, you know.😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Jurassic World 2 passing $1B WW would be a success, at least we can all agree on that.

Now, the World Cup won't help, particularly in Europe and Latin America. I don't care about soccer/football but it's a great deal for many here in Europe so..

If FK dropping to 1B WW or under, then that would be a big disappointment BO-wise in the vein of TLJ.

But it’s still not gonna be a flop in any way.

If you want to discuss flops, may I suggest Solo? This is not the thread you are looking for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

f4ilIvVz_bigger.jpg

China Box Office Tracking: Jurassic World 2 is projected to make $115M on 3-day opening. The film is still doing good in advance ticket sale, beating Pirates 5($68.42M), Kong: Skull Island($72.98M), Civil War($96.68M) at the same point. #JurassicWorld

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

28 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

People just want to be happy, you know.😉

Civil War dropped $400m from Avengers and I wouldn’t call that a flop. Boring, but not a flop 

🤗

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Civil War dropped $400m from Avengers and I wouldn’t call that a flop. Boring, but not a flop 

🤗

Civil war is a captian America movie. But if we are going to compare avengers movies then let’s use TA and Ultron. The latter was seen as a disappointment by a lot of people here even though it only declined with 100M. 

• Like 2

Quite a solid start for Fallen Kingdom, considering it hasn't opened in a ton of big markets. The wom in Asia doesn't seem super enthusiastic, so, bar another Chinese breakout, I think it might struggle or fail to beat Black Panther.... but on a budget of under 200M (even if it were an over 200M budget), that's a huge success right there. Nobody expected it to beat JW1 anyway, so there's that.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzdt said:
  JW2 AIW TLJ BP
T 18,494 25,650 9,747 14,359
T+1 21,773 22,762 10,091 13,250
T+2 35,916 26,538 13,699 14,198
  76,183 74,950 33,537 41,807

which country is the list related to?

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

Universal isn't gonna tell us Friday numbers, it seems...

UPDATED, Saturday AM: Now at play in 48 offshore markets, Universal/Amblin Entertainment’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is looking at an estimated full weekend opening of $145.9 million after taking $26.8M on Friday. A clear No. 1 in all hubs since it began its rollout June 6, the J.A. Bayona-helmed sequel to the 2015 classic franchise reboot is landing at the high end of the range that our industry sources saw ahead of the bow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sam said:

145.9M is such a specific number for estimate lol.

Thinking it’ll be closer to $160M.

From where should those come tough, because market break down (Deadline estimates):

SK: $26.3M (it's hat $20.65M after Saturday ($6.63M) so a $5.65M (-14.8%) Sunday)

UK: $18.9M

France: $9.6M

Ger: $9M (This would surprise me, I think $7.5M is way more likely)

Taiwan: 8.1M

Total: $71.9M

Rest: $74M

JW2 had an additional day in SK, UK and Germany.

Openings for JW:

SK: $12.06M

UK: $30.13M

France: $14.46M

Ger: $11.35M

Taiwan: $5.81M

Total: $73.81M

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Civil war is a captian America movie. But if we are going to compare avengers movies then let’s use TA and Ultron. The latter was seen as a disappointment by a lot of people here even though it only declined with 100M. 

To be honest his pathetic arguement is so pre-infinity war it’s not even worth replying to.

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

From where should those come tough, because market break down (Deadline estimates):

SK: $26.3M (it's hat $20.65M after Saturday ($6.63M) so a $5.65M (-14.8%) Sunday)

UK: $18.9M

France: $9.6M

Ger: $9M (This would surprise me, I think $7.5M is way more likely)

Taiwan: 8.1M

Total: $71.9M

Rest: $74M

JW2 had an additional day in SK, UK and Germany.

Openings for JW:

SK: $12.06M

UK: $30.13M

France: $14.46M

Ger: $11.35M

Taiwan: $5.81M

Total: $73.81M

Yeah, I thought 160M would be doable before we got update on Friday number, which is on the lower side. Mid-140s sound likely. 

16 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

Felt they were low-balling and 155 is realistic but 150+ is tougher than I thought.

Even using optimistic Sat bump:

26.8 (+40%)

48.2 (+80%)

33.7 (-30%)

= 148

Optimistic Sat jump, but that’s too big a Sun drop you got there. OS markets usually drop in the teens/sub20% on Sunday of OW (for big tent poles especially) 

(For comparisons, IW jumped only ~33% for Sat, but also only dropped 18% on Sun. IW Friday was enormous though so less room to go up on Sat compare to FK)

• Like 1