Eric Atreides

Tyler Perry's Acrimony l Lionsgate l March 30, 2018 l Taraji P. Henson

On 10/19/2017 at 12:54 PM, narniadis said:

Interesting - thought for a moment it was going to be a rehash a bit of Diary of A Mad Black Woman.... but that was not it... almost like they are playing it up for the Proud Mary crowd just a bit?

Surprise surprise but it is a rehash just without Madea.

Tyler Perry must be a great environmentalist because he loves to reduce, reuse, and recycle the same concepts and do nothing with them besides amuse your southern grandparents and dumb friends who have no taste in film.

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//acrimony-review

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2017 at 6:41 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Oh shit, 3 FUCKING TYLER PERRY MOVIES IN A 10 MONTH TIMESPAN?

Image result for madea hell no gif

Tyler Perry films are not for you, and that is ok.

They have their audience (just like certain other films are made for you).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I guess this won't be the film that finally makes the great Taraji a film star either... :( 

She should have been seeing far better scripts with better directors after Hidden Figures.   I refuse to believe she did and yet chose this and Proud Mary

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

She should have been seeing far better scripts with better directors after Hidden Figures.   I refuse to believe she did and yet chose this and Proud Mary

given the time line and everything I would imagine that the ball was already rolling for these 2 pics before Hidden Figures broke out big.

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

given the time line and everything I would imagine that the ball was already rolling for these 2 pics before Hidden Figures broke out big.

A bit like the first 2 year's after an Oscar win output, it is often the case.

Hidden Figures release/ first wide weekend, end of 2016/early 2017:

Dec 23–25 18 $515,499
Jan 6–8 1 $22,800,057

Acrimony was already shot:

Filming took place around Pittsburgh and Atlanta in fall 2016

Not for the screen gems project, it was announced publicly January 11, not sure how long before someone say yes and end up on deadline, but it had yet to get a director, Talisman point being in part valid about her not achieving to attract/convince a director for that, could be the script:

In January 2017, Taraji P. Henson signed on to star in Proud Mary with Screen Gems still looking to secure a director for an April 2017 principal production...

She is getting a huge writer for one of her future project:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7634968/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Giant box office draw with an huge fanbase Nancy Meyers, so a bit like the Perry's project at least it is safe to be a commercial success.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

A bit like the first 2 year's after an Oscar win output, it is often the case.

Hidden Figures release/ first wide weekend, end of 2016/early 2017:

Dec 23–25 18 $515,499
Jan 6–8 1 $22,800,057

Acrimony was already shot:

Filming took place around Pittsburgh and Atlanta in fall 2016

Not for the screen gems project, it was announced publicly January 11, not sure how long before someone say yes and end up on deadline, but it had yet to get a director, Talisman point being in part valid about her not achieving to attract/convince a director for that, could be the script:

In January 2017, Taraji P. Henson signed on to star in Proud Mary with Screen Gems still looking to secure a director for an April 2017 principal production...

She is getting a huge writer for one of her future project:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7634968/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Giant box office draw with an huge fanbase Nancy Meyers, so a bit like the Perry's project at least it is safe to be a commercial success.

Point take on the Perry film being filmed already. Proud Mary - just a bad post Hidden Figures choice.

Her upcoming What Men Want is just a remake of the Nancy Meyer's directed What Women Want so she has a story credit on this but she's not credited as the writer (no one is yet) and Shankman as Director (I give him Hairspray but that's about it). Meh.

• Like 1

I also think that, no matter how much progress we have had, so-called "good scripts" are harder to come by, especially for actors of color. The industry still has a long way to go. More studios need to greenlight and nurture more top-of-the-line projects with leads of color: action movies, romcoms, musicals, and yes, superhero movies.

Additionally, no matter how much scorn Tyler Perry gets from the "artistic gatekeepers" in Hollywood, he is still a beloved figure among black actors (i think it all has to do with how successful he has been in a predominantly white industry).

Which makes me wonder if Shonda Rimes will ever make (or has she ever made) movies...

I truly wonder what kind of films she could executive produce and if they would get crtical kudos.

• Like 1