grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

3 hours ago, nomyth said:

Ha ha, I know. It's just I started that club for SP over Expendables and it was probably my biggest BO learning experience ever.

I started a Hangover under Very Bad Things adjusted club.  :winomg:

• Like 6

Just now, grey ghost said:

So you wanted a re-tread of the first Alien movie.

Covenant actually has the balls to explore new territory and expand the mythos while having a riveting villain and incredibly dark narrative.

It doesn't sound like you went into the movie with an open mind. You had you're own strict vision of what a new Ridley Scott Alien movie should be that you couldn't appreciate what was given to you.

I think Alien Covenant will become more appreciated over time similar to Predator 2 and Batman Returns. Both were despised for toying with people's expectations when they first came out but are now highly regarded within the franchise.

But PREDATOR 2 is still awful. :ph34r: 

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

I started a Hangover under Very Bad Things adjusted club.  :winomg:

Lol, oh wow, I remember this now that you mention it.

We're all allowed a few unbelievably couldn't be more off the mark just plain awful predictions.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nomyth said:

Lol, oh wow, I remember this now that you mention it.

We're all allowed a few unbelievably couldn't be more off the mark just plain awful predictions.

Tele has a club for a film that never got released in China.  :redcapes:

Point is we all make bad predictions from time to time.....nothing to be embarrassed about. :)

• Like 6

I'm trying to see where this goes with this one girl but a couple things, one of which is problematic and another that is just interesting. 

1. She's 23 but very immature even for being 23, I have to constantly explain things to her and if this were a movie it'd have a 23% on RT because I'm always mansplaining! It's a huge red flag and very problematic but she is incredibly fun to hang out with, has a good heart and possesses other skills such as being a very good cook. 

2. She's spanish and fluent in Spanish and I barely know any so she'll be on the phone and I have no idea what she's talking about.  Just interesting to be with someone bilingual I guess I don't know.  

That's my sharing for this Friday  :unsure:

• Like 5

Just now, baumer said:

Tele has a club for a film that never got released in China.  :redcapes:

Point is we all make bad predictions from time to time.....nothing to be embarrassed about. :)

Definitely. I wasn't genuinely embarrassed. That's just one of those bad calls I'm quick to call myself out on.

It was pure arrogance too. I was on a hot streak on clubs on BOM and was convinced I was just right about everything.

As I said, though, valuable lesson... don't matter how appealing something is to you and your friends, if the GP ain't having, the GP ain't having it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I'm trying to see where this goes with this one girl but a couple things, one of which is problematic and another that is just interesting. 

1. She's 23 but very immature even for being 23, I have to constantly explain things to her and if this were a movie it'd have a 23% on RT because I'm always mansplaining! It's a huge red flag and very problematic but she is incredibly fun to hang out with, has a good heart and possesses other skills such as being a very good cook. 

2. She's spanish and fluent in Spanish and I barely know any so she'll be on the phone and I have no idea what she's talking about.  Just interesting to be with someone bilingual I guess I don't know.  

That's my sharing for this Friday  :unsure:

I wonder if I will ever be fucked

48 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

Definitely. 

Scott Pilgrim was based off of a video game while Nice Guys didn't have that much appeal outside of men over the age of 30. Plus, they had more competition.

Scott Pilgrim is based off of a comic book.

44 minutes ago, baumer said:

Scott Pilgrim was also a terrible movie, which Baby Driver looks not to be.

Scott Pilgrim is ysymVY4.gif

43 minutes ago, baumer said:

I remember that weekend so well.  There were people who actually thought Pilgrim would open stronger than the Expendables did.  

My reaction of course was:

Image result for look of disgust

c099b006ff822dd082f607c1dac2c277.jpg

• Like 1

Speaking of Baby Driver. When I was in New York there, that had two constant massive ads in Times Square for the full 6 days I was there. 

A bigger presence than Spider-Man, so it's definitely being advertised. 

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Defend this post?

What makes Alien Covenant a bad movie?

It makes my top 3 Alien movies easily.

Covenant being the third best Alien film is like Homecoming being the third best Spider-Man film. There is a lot of fucking room in that range.

• Like 2