grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

DMC did such a great job setting up Davy Jones and his heart and his saga too. What a missed opportunity. 

Agreed. Even though DMC was bloated too but it was forgiven with Davy Jones.

Then AWE comes along. Still better than the last two but it could have been so much better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

12 is by far the weak link in the chain but it has some good moments. 11 to 12 is like going from D2 to D3 in the mighty ducks franchise.

They all are great 

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

I've gotten this weird appreciation of D3 over the years, because they turned Gordon Bombay into some Zen-Sage Lawyer who despite being in the movie less, is the fucking GOAT for his three scenes of the movie.

Also, Dean Portman knocking that guy over in the final match (after randomly appearing in between the 2nd and 3rd period) is hilarious.

I love all three of mighty ducks movies. I played in all of those rinks growing up.

2 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

Dude how do you from winning an international tournament to going to some prep school? The writers of that plot... So sigh and you have some random guy take over as coach?

You have not seen Minnesota high school hockey.   This is a high school hockey game. The state championship game

This is a high school hockey game. The state championship game

400px-2015_Boys_AA_Championship_game_at_

The biggest flaw in the Mighty Ducks movie is in the first one where there are only 10 teams in the state that play hockey. :rofl: There are over 150 teams that play high school hockey. For youth hockey lot of cities have more than one team fo each age group There is A, B1, B2, and C team and each level there might 1-3 teams. For youth teams there most likely over 250 teams.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

16 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

DMC did such a great job setting up Davy Jones and his heart and his saga too. What a missed opportunity. 

It's a testament to ILM that the CGI for Davy Jones holds up well today.

• Like 3

CotBP is a near perfect summer blockbuster with an awesome villain in Barbossa. DMC is a little too long, but overall underrated because it's still tons of fun and Davy Jones is also a fantastic villain. AWE is way too long and convoluted and they wasted Davy there, but it still has some great scenes. OST is...okay-ish, I guess, and DMTNT is fun and not nearly as bloated as AWE, but can't reach the first two films (mostly because Jack Sparrow is a drunk fool as opposed to the quirky, but badass pirate he was before).

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Wait...no... No no no no no

13 isn't on prime!!! I'm on the verge of having a new all time favorite trilogy. Are you fucking kidding me

It was on HBO Go/Cinemax sometime last year, try that out maybe if you have it

I like POTC3 well enough because the climax is pretty awesome, but introducing Pirate Lords, Calypso, and a whole bunch of weird bullshit did not do that film any favors.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I like POTC3 well enough because the climax is pretty awesome, but introducing Pirate Lords, Calypso, and a whole bunch of weird bullshit did not do that film any favors.

Plus the nonsense with Chow-Yun Fat, the Kraken and Governor Swann being killed offscreen, treating Norrington like a bitch, everyone triple-crossing one another at least twice.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Plus the nonsense with Chow-Yun Fat, the Kraken and Governor Swann being killed offscreen, treating Norrington like a bitch, everyone triple-crossing one another at least twice.

I agree with all of these, but man they could have saved an hour here if they didn't have this crap lol

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DAR said:

Anyone remember that Mighty Ducks cartoon where they were actually ducks

Yes. The villain was a dragon and voiced by Tony Jay.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator
1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I really like AWE -- albeit, on a guilty pleasure level at times. But I agree with this sentiment.

In fact, if Pirates 6 happens, I'd love to see Verbinski come back for it. #WontHappen

• Like 10