That One Girl

Bad Times at the El Royale | Jon Hamm’s next film | October 5, 2018 | Fox | Drew Goddard | Also has Chris Hemsworth, Jeff Bridges, Russell Crowe, Dakota Johnson

I hope this is great and does well.  I feel good about the former, dunno about the latter though.  But if it’s good and we’ll received, I think Fox will still feel good with Goddard on X-Force regardless how this does.

This does feel a little like throwing their chips in on a filmmaker.  Not too risky here, but no guarantee moneymaker.

Looks great though.

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

This has an OK chance of not flopping since Hemsworth isn't top billed.

He gets the "and" though.  Besides it also has John Hamm which might push it over to floppage

Sadly, official YT views and likes are a bit underwhelming after one day - 230 views / 6k likes 

Just now, MrGamer said:

Shirtless Hemsworth better not cause this to flop or it'll be Bad Times in the Weekend Thread that weekend. 

Reveal hidden contents

A Star Is Born will bring out the Lady Gaga haters too :hahaha: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Shirtless Hemsworth better not cause this to flop or it'll be Bad Times in the Weekend Thread that weekend. 

Hide contents

Though, it'll probably a mess in there anyway with Venom also coming out that weekend. :Venom:

TBF wet shirtless Hemsworth is the best thing about this trailer. 

His body literally screams "I am a Golden God!"

Maybe some find that too intimidating when he's not a Space Viking. :lol:

21 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Chris Hemsworth has the best acting in blockbuster until now this year.

So well used in Infinity Wars felt like the MVP to me yes..,  there Micheal B Jordan in Black Panther I guess and most of the A quiet place cast.

This feels like a good move. America has superhero fever and Venom is likely to be heavily marketed, so it makes sense for this film to move into a weekend in which the other films aren't directly competing for its audience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slambros said:

This feels like a good move. America has superhero fever and Venom is likely to be heavily marketed, so it makes sense for this film to move into a weekend in which the other films aren't directly competing for its audience.

I feel like it should have moved into like September 21st instead of October 12th against First Man... but yeah I'm happy it moved from Venom (which I would be seeing that weekend instead of Bad Times) and A Star Is Born which I think are both gonna be big

• Like 1

I must admit I only saw the trailer because the trailer screenshot had a shirtless Chris Hemsworth and the trailer did not disappoint. Dancing shirtless hemsworth was worth it. :lol:

The movie itself looks intriguing although I have no clue what the actual plot is supposed to be.