Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

15 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Yeah I'm hoping Horror this year is able to do as well as last year. Very glad to see Annabelle Creation is more along the lines of The Conjuring films rather than the original and given how barren August is I'm really rooting for it. I still wish WB released IT during the summer (maybe switch it's release date with Creation) because as a fan of the book it'd make the perfect summer horror movie. Although it's going to do well no matter what. 

I completely agree. I think that Warner didn't expect IT to generate the amount of buzz that it generated, that's the only explanation to why they would release it on a quiet month instead of summer. Annabelle could work well in Halloween like the first movie, but they probably wanted to avoid a drop, and since it will be the only blockbuster of August, it can have a great retention compared to the first movie. Although, I would rather see A:C on May, considering how weak it was, and IT dominating August. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The House?

Image result for i don't know her gif

Poor Renner though. If RDJ didn't have Homecoming he might be stuck doing these low grossing R rated comedies in between Avengers films like Renner and ScarJo. At least he had Arrival. 

Edited by Rman823

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

I saw two 4 and 5 year olds in a showing for Logan and a two year old, a five year old and a seven year old in a showing for Deadpool.

At least those being "superhero" movies you can take kids to them by mistake. 

• Like 1

Calling Baby Driver the best movie of the summer is fine but referring to it as a "blockbuster" is several bridges to far. It doesn't have a blockbuster budget and it's doubtful it will pull in blockbuster numbers. 

I still can't wait to see it though.

In the theater for Baby Driver; it starts in 10 min and it's literally me and a friend

very bizarre especially considering I caught a sold out showing of The World's End on the opening Saturday at the exact same theater

• Like 1

In a just world, Baby Driver would be on track for a $100 million weekend, packing auditoriums from coast to coast.

As is, however, it spent two summer weekdays at #1 and will have no trouble becoming Edgar Wright's biggest mainstream hit to date, all without sacrificing the spirit that created his devoted niche audience in the first place. But it would be really damn nice to somehow see it break out and make a run at $100 million. Come on, America: let's make it happen!

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 5

With top critics currently ZERO percent on The House, no matter where that film opens, it was the right call to avoid the critics...

If it beats Rough Night's open, it will be a definite win and likely push more questionable films with big stars to not screen early...with a zero percent, they literally have nothing to lose...

• Like 1