Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

Idk with you guys, but Aquaman is popular here in the Philippines. He's the male version of Ariel for fudge sake. Lol.

Seriously tho, CB superheroes are very well known here. At least, the Justice League, X-Men, Spider-Man, The Hulk, part of our childhood. Especially during the 90s and early 2000s. Plus they are arcade staples. Mangas and animes are very popular here as well.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

So much insecurity in a post.

Lol, why? What I said is all fact, Europe is not important for superhero movies,

Where superhero movies are successful is in North America, Asia and Latin America.

Europe is a declining continent, most countries are stagnant or in recession, right? They get smaller every decade, while the countries of Asia and Latin America grow their economies.

Which of these statements I have made is not true?

2 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Lol, why? What I said is all fact, Europe is not important for superhero movies,

Where superhero movies are successful is in North America, Asia and Latin America.

Europe is a declining continent, most countries are stagnant or in recession, right? They get smaller every decade, while the countries of Asia and Latin America grow their economies.

I never doubted that superheroe films are very popular. And yeah they are more popular in North and Latin America. I agree.

What I do not agree though is the way that you tried to undermine a.)Europe's role in the WW box office

b.)The performance of some of the biggest franchises of all time like HP/Lotr and Bond.

I mean, some of the numbers that the Middle Earth franchise or the Harry Potter franchise were pulling in Europe, adjusted with ticket price are probably bigger than what an average CBM does OVERSEAS.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Just because superhero movies don't clean up in Europe, doesn't mean other franchises don't do it. Harry Potter, Fast & Furious, 007, among others, are still beasts in Europe.

• Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

Just checked, and my nearest drive-in has a Spider-Man: Homecoming and Baby Driver double feature!

:jeb!:

yeah mine does too.  I'm tempted to go for at least Spiderman

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I never doubted that superheroe films are very popular. And yeah they are more popular in North and Latin America. I agree.

What I do not agree though is the way that you tried to undermine a.)Europe's role in the WW box office

b.)The performance of some of the biggest franchises of all time like HP/Lotr and Bond.

I mean, some of the numbers that the Middle Earth franchise or the Harry Potter franchise were pulling in Europe, adjusted with ticket price are probably bigger than what an average CBM does OVERSEAS.

Not to mention how popular Minions were in Europe.

:ph34r:

Also, it's really poor judgement to say most European economies are in a recession or on the decline (and then to say most Latin American countries are rapidly growing their economies).  That's simply not true.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Europe is still one of the biggest bloc in the world. Though economy might be stagnant its box office share is still bigger than Latin America, ME, Africa, South East Asia/Australia.

Superhero movies might not be as big there as some parts of the world, it still contributes big in the films total gross and has a say whether the movie a worldwide smash hit or not. Saying that its not important is just wrong.

Edited by KathNiel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Well, if you haven't seen Baby Driver, you really should. It's fun!

depends on how i feel after the first movie but we shall see.  I'm usually good unless my day goes really badly :P 

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Maybe the drive-ins can help Baby Driver deliver a sub 30% drop?

it had drive-ins last week too but yeah this week probably has a better lead-in movie, but don't think it will help all that much

Edited by 75live