Eric Atreides

Molly's Game l STX l 12/25/17 (Limited), 1/5/18 (Wide) l Sorkin Directs Chastain/Elba | Closes AFI Film Festival

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Why is every movie good now

TIFF is sort of a joke when it comes to movie reviews. Almost every movie with a big name is a oscar contender. One of the reasons why it gets so many movies submitted. In this case though I hope the buzz is right. Chastain is due.

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like Chastain but she has gotten plenty of Oscar buzz before and didn't get nominated. 

True.

I think she will eventually get her win (unless she becomes the Glenn Close of her generation and gets a gazillion nominations and no wins). 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like Chastain but she has gotten plenty of Oscar buzz before and didn't get nominated. 

Well she already has 2 and her career started just in 2011 kind of.

I am not so sure what post Zero Dark Thirty she had plenty of Oscar buzz for.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Well she already has 2 and her career started just in 2011 kind of.

I am not so sure what post Zero Dark Thirty she had plenty of Oscar buzz for.

She had plenty of buzz for A Most Violent Year a few years back but the movie never really caught on (A24 was a year away from officially becoming a part of awards season). She also got a Golden Globe nom for Miss Sloane but the movie itself got eh reviews and bombed something fierce at the box office. This is her best chance at getting back into the awards conversation.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

She had plenty of buzz for A Most Violent Year a few years back but the movie never really caught on (A24 was a year away from officially becoming a part of awards season). She also got a Golden Globe nom for Miss Sloane but the movie itself got eh reviews and bombed something fierce at the box office. This is her best chance at getting back into the awards conversation.

Well you explained it before I could.

On 9/4/2017 at 7:12 PM, Macleod said:

You beat me to it.  This should be the hit that Miss Sloane wasn't.  Could this go Erin Brockovich? 

Nah...not quite enough nobility here. 

21 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well would ya look at that...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't realize Aaron Sorkin wrote Moneyball. My high school statistics teacher showed us that film. That's a favorite!

I just watched the trailer. It seems intense. STX probably needs this to counter-program well against Justice League and Coco for the sake of its long-term success so I'm hoping it manages to do just that.