Eric Atreides

The Happytime Murders l STX l August 24, 2018 l Melissa McCarthy l Human/Puppet Hybrid l "May be the worst movie of the year"

http://deadline.com/2017/07/jessica-chastain-aaron-sorkin-mollys-game-melissa-mccarthy-happytime-murders-opening-dates-stx-1202123166/

In addition, the studio has dated the Brian Henson-directed comedy The Happytime Murders for Aug. 17, 2018.

Happytime Murders is set in the underbelly of Los Angeles where puppets and humans coexist. Two clashing detectives, one human (McCarthy) and one puppet, are forced to work together to try to find out who is brutally murdering the former cast of “The Happytime Gang,” a beloved classic puppet show. Henson, Jeff Hayes, Ben Falcone, and McCarthy produce.

tenor.gif

Edited by CoolEric258

On 4/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, Ledmonkey96 said:

I see..... so it's like Who Framed Rodger Rabbit, I want to dismiss it out of hand but i don't think i will.

It is like a movie that fucked Who Framed Roger Rabbit and then blew a load all over, snorted a line of coke and said fuck about 50 times.  

That would be more accurate description.  The red band footage was waaaayyyyy adult.  Hardest R rating you can get.  Think much more along the lines of Sausage Party as a comparison.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 6
  • ...wtf 1

On 4/23/2018 at 7:22 PM, TombRaider said:

so she took a break after ghostbusters flopped and now is gonna have 3 movies coming out in the span of 5 months, interesting

.... ?

Ghostbuster:

Ghostbusters premiered at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles on July 9, 2016. It was theatrically released on July 11, 2016

Life of the party: 

Filming began in August 2016 in Atlanta, Georgia.[5]

Looking at release date is not really the way to judge actor schedule and work load to a high level of precision.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

It is like a movie that fucked Who Framed Roger Rabbit and then blew a load all over, snorted a line of coke and said fuck about 50 times.  

That would be more accurate description.  The red band footage was waaaayyyyy adult.  Hardest R rating you can get.  Think much more along the lines of Sausage Party as a comparison.  

Sounds like a good time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

This is everything I've ever wanted.

This red band trailer played before my showing DP2 and the audience absolutely loved it. Graphic is an understatement for describing this trailer. It's also very, very funny. It certainly could be a sleeper hit this summer.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

So... it’s a fun concept.