Alpha

CAYOM - New Franchise Rights Thread

4 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

You better make it perfect. Bob and Larry were a big part of my childhood

I'll definitely give it my all with this one. Bob and Larry were practically the only VHS tapes I'd watch as a kid! I have a lot of nostalgia and respect for the series.

First and foremost, I want to apologize to @That One Guy as I thought he had left the site but has recently returned yesterday. In case he does want to participate in CAYOM, I think the rights for Portal, Friday The 13th and Counter Strike will revert back to him as it’s only fair. Sorry @Blankments @Xillix and @Slambros 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blankments said:

can I take Teen Titans? I understand no because

1. DCEU uses some supporting characters

2. Teen Titans Go to the Movies exists

but... i do have a 2.0 film that can be easily used into a franchise :(

Personally my call on this one would be a no, moreso because of TTGttM than the supporting characters in the DCEU. That's a pretty clear violation of the franchise rule IMO.

The whole comic book character situation is kind of a mess and since everything is essentially a "crossover" in these universes it probably makes more sense to claim specific characters that haven't had their own movie, or been a main character in one? At some point we'll probably need to have some sort of more in-depth discussion on it, especially in regards to characters that have only appeared in small roles in actual movies.

• Thanks 1

@Blankments 

Originally Blue and Gold was supposed to be the start of my own DC Universe (A YA superhero/supervillain film about the HIVE Academy was supposed to be next (I still have a post credit scene for it) with Fire, Ice, Jinx and two more heroes as the main five, Supergirl and Green Arrow (Speedy was supposed to have a major role) films leading to a Young Justice crossover with Blue and Gold. I also considered grabbing the rights for The Flash, Green Lantern and I believe Lobo) but I liked Blue and Gold being in it’s own universe with certain cameos here and there so I abandoned plans. However Blue and Gold I have plans up to 5 films.

I had plans for a small budgeted animated PG-13 Young Justice film series but I doubt I’ll do it, so I can give you rights to that.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xillix said:

At some point we'll probably need to have some sort of more in-depth discussion on it, especially in regards to characters that have only appeared in small roles in actual movies.

Squirrel Girl does have a lot of non Squirrel Girl related Marvel characters in the film but they’re almost all smaller characters who haven’t been a film except for a few. Only one character is a problem to be honest.

• Like 1